Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Got to love how much color and detail went into the center touchscreen.
I wonder if it will do anything special in the "fun driving modes" because the experience it could provide it will sure beat just turning some dial.
I think they need to tread carefully with that otherwise people will start saying that they're ripping off Tesla.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I think they need to tread carefully with that otherwise people will start saying that they're ripping off Tesla.
I think its a natural progression when so much of the automotive experience today is through these screens and other tech. There are endless possibilities here and Rivian has already shown they can be very original.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Got to love how much color and detail went into the center touchscreen.
I wonder if it will do anything special in the "fun driving modes" because the experience it could provide it will sure beat just turning some dial.
I like what Ford did with the new F-150 and I really like what GMC demo'd with the new Hummer EV. When you change modes, the instrument cluster display has a wonderful animation of the vehicle driving through terrain based on the selected mode. GM contracted Epic Games to do the animation, and they are fantastic.

The Rivian instrument cluster has been a boring "white" screen in every picture/video I've seen. I really hope they will do more with that screen.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I like what Ford did with the new F-150 and I really like what GMC demo'd with the new Hummer EV. When you change modes, the instrument cluster display has a wonderful animation of the vehicle driving through terrain based on the selected mode. GM contracted Epic Games to do the animation, and they are fantastic.

The Rivian instrument cluster has been a boring "white" screen in every picture/video I've seen. I really hope they will do more with that screen.
GM was really smart to use the Unreal Engine for their center display. That platform is incredible.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts