Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I was wondering (for those who have taken delivery and have the Key Band), do you have it paired already to your truck? Does it show in the setting menu that you have the 2 Key Cards, the FOB, and the Key Band already paired?

I ask because I was told that the software was not released yet to pair them and my Key Band is not pairing with the truck. Just want to understand if this is a real issue or a phantom issue.

· Registered
820 Posts
There have been several post from people that have received them. More posts from people who are still waiting.

I don't see why the band would be treated any differently than the cards by the software - they're both NFC, and both used the exact same way. The only difference is how the NFC tag is packaged.

· Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was my thought too. So I posed the Q to the forum masses. I didn't think I was so "unique" and "special" to get the band now after people have been taking deliveries since December - January.

But on the center screen, it is clearly not paired to the truck. Just don't know if the truck / computer can handle 2 cards, a fob, the phone, and a Band all being paired.

· Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is the $25,000 question. I was informed by Rivian CS that only LE order holders get them included. And that if you are a stock holder, you get the Pelican case to store all your keys in (unless you are a You Tube blogger - but we don't want to go THERE...)

Magically - I am not an LE holder and my truck was delivered with a band. Soooooo, as I posted on a different dicussion, there are no rules...it's Thunderdome!

World Urban design Public space City Crowd

· Registered
4 Posts
I wrote to my Guide today about this and got this response:

"The key wristbands are not included in the Adventure Package but are standards with the Launch Edition. I'd love to see them added to Gear Shop for purchase in the future. I'd encourage you to keep an eye out! If they become available to purchase, we'll make them available in Gear Shop. "

· Registered
1,703 Posts
It was originally going to be for everyone, then at some point was changed to only included with Launch Edition (after deliveries started and some Adventure deliveries were made with key bands). Supposedly the band will be in the Gear Store in Fall 2022.

· Registered
370 Posts
After the discussions earlier this week, I opened a case about my missing (Adventure Edition) wristband. To my surprise, a Due Bill was created the next morning, and I got a call to schedule a mobile service appointment to set it up.
Unfortunately, a few hours later I got a VM stating that I wasn’t worthy of one. Curses, foiled again!

· Registered
286 Posts
If anyone has received their wristband and is not using it, I am looking to buy one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Just so you know, I did this, and got one but Rivian says it's impossible to link it to my truck. My Guide says MAYBE if I had a Launch Edition, they may make an exception and do it, but that the key bands for now are linked only to the truck it came with.

Trust me, I know that makes no sense, since it's no different than the key cards we have, but that's what they are saying. So I have a wrist band key I cannot use until one day they decide, 'oh it's possible now...'

· Registered
5 Posts
Just so you know, I did this, and got one but Rivian says it's impossible to link it to my truck. My Guide says MAYBE if I had a Launch Edition, they may make an exception and do it, but that the key bands for now are linked only to the truck it came with.

Trust me, I know that makes no sense, since it's no different than the key cards we have, but that's what they are saying. So I have a wrist band key I cannot use until one day they decide, 'oh it's possible now...'
UPDATE (12/2022): I ended up finding one locally and did buy it. It did not automatically show up as an available key in either my app or in the truck itself. After a quick call to Rivian, I explained that I was trying to pair a key band and provided them with the serial number. Two days later, it appeared in my app as a "Key Card" and was successfully paired as a key and works wonderfully. Now a couple of notes... I did not tell Rivian that I do not own a Launch version, and they didn't ask. I did not tell them that I had purchased it used, and again they didn't ask. The person who I purchased it from never paired it with his truck, which I am assuming is why I was able to pair it with mine. It is just a guess, but after speaking with several people, it appears that if the key band has been previously paired with another vehicle, Rivian is reluctant to switch it to another vehicle. I hope this information helps someone out there.

· Registered
286 Posts
UPDATE (12/2022): I ended up finding one locally and did buy it. It did not automatically show up as an available key in either my app or in the truck itself. After a quick call to Rivian, I explained that I was trying to pair a key band and provided them with the serial number. Two days later, it appeared in my app as a "Key Card" and was successfully paired as a key and works wonderfully. Now a couple of notes... I did not tell Rivian that I do not own a Launch version, and they didn't ask. I did not tell them that I had purchased it used, and again they didn't ask. The person who I purchased it from never paired it with his truck, which I am assuming is why I was able to pair it with mine. It is just a guess, but after speaking with several people, it appears that if the key band has been previously paired with another vehicle, Rivian is reluctant to switch it to another vehicle. I hope this information helps someone out there.
I tried the same, except they did eventually ask me where I got it from. I explained I purchased it from another Rivian owner and to my surprise, they re-assigned it to me! So glad I can finally surf with this instead of the key card! Thanks for the tip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts