Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
I was wondering (for those who have taken delivery and have the Key Band), do you have it paired already to your truck? Does it show in the setting menu that you have the 2 Key Cards, the FOB, and the Key Band already paired?

I ask because I was told that the software was not released yet to pair them and my Key Band is not pairing with the truck. Just want to understand if this is a real issue or a phantom issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've had my truck 3 months but still waiting on the key band to be delivered. My guide said they are still working on rolling them out. Was told to expect it this fall. I didn't know anyone had one yet.

·
Registered
495 Posts
There have been several post from people that have received them. More posts from people who are still waiting.

I don't see why the band would be treated any differently than the cards by the software - they're both NFC, and both used the exact same way. The only difference is how the NFC tag is packaged.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was my thought too. So I posed the Q to the forum masses. I didn't think I was so "unique" and "special" to get the band now after people have been taking deliveries since December - January.

But on the center screen, it is clearly not paired to the truck. Just don't know if the truck / computer can handle 2 cards, a fob, the phone, and a Band all being paired.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you receive it, let me know if you can pair it to the truck. I was told that I have to make a service call in order to get it to become "recognized" by the truck.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is the $25,000 question. I was informed by Rivian CS that only LE order holders get them included. And that if you are a stock holder, you get the Pelican case to store all your keys in (unless you are a You Tube blogger - but we don't want to go THERE...)

Magically - I am not an LE holder and my truck was delivered with a band. Soooooo, as I posted on a different dicussion, there are no rules...it's Thunderdome!

World Urban design Public space City Crowd

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wrote to my Guide today about this and got this response:

"The key wristbands are not included in the Adventure Package but are standards with the Launch Edition. I'd love to see them added to Gear Shop for purchase in the future. I'd encourage you to keep an eye out! If they become available to purchase, we'll make them available in Gear Shop. "

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
It was originally going to be for everyone, then at some point was changed to only included with Launch Edition (after deliveries started and some Adventure deliveries were made with key bands). Supposedly the band will be in the Gear Store in Fall 2022.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts