Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I signed up for the R1T quad motor max pack. After being told by my guide they were "in production" in Nov. 2022, I got the email from Tony in December that basically said "We're not going to make the ruck we sold you. We're only going to make dual moto with the max pack." Now I'm contemplating settling for a large pack quad motor R1T with stated range of 320 rather than 400. I live in Oakland, CA. When driving to Tahoe one generally gets lower mileage due to the highway speed (about 80 mph) and also the climb (elevation gain of about 7,500 ft). The way back is much better. With the 400 mile max pack I figured I'd be able to get to Truckee and back to about Davis, at which point I'd have to charge. I'm fine with that. Do any of you have actual experience driving to Tahoe with the large pack? Can you tell me what the effective range is speeding up there to get first chair? Will I be dead out of charge when I arrive? Or could I likely at least return to about Auburn, maybe even Sac, and recharge there?

· Registered
1,116 Posts
Looking at ABRP, you would likely want to charge in Truckee somewhere (savemart has an EA station I guess). Taking into consideration speed, elevation, wind, temp, tires and gear (payload) and I would be putting a charger in my ski house or maybe driving to a DCFC before getting there for a partial charge for good measure. If you don't have a place to plug in where you are staying, you might be getting 1st chair, but likely low state of charge. ABRP

· Registered
4 Posts
I'd think you'd easily make that trip as it's only about 180 miles and mostly downhill. There is a new RAN charger open up in Truckee and there are also a couple in the greater Sac area...which I'd think would be a happier charge than an EA.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts