Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else think this photo from the factory is indeed the Launch Green.
It looks more brown, but every once in a while on the video it appears to have a greenish tint

It made me think if that is Launch Green I’m going to do another color (Forest Green)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Does anyone else think this photo from the factory is indeed the Launch Green.
It looks more brown, but every once in a while on the video it appears to have a greenish tint View attachment 2574
It made me think if that is Launch Green I’m going to do another color (Forest Green)
I have always thought that was going to be the launch green color from earlier screen grabs I had seen. Someone said the other day that CS had mentioned it had a brown hue to it that re-affirmed my initial thinking.

Many people on the forums do not think this is it and they may be correct and I may be totally off base but....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just the primer/coating, imo.
I was pretty sure I remember reading that the Launch Green was the primer. That while they were applying the primer, people were liking how it looked, so decided to release it as a paint color.

Now, I'm not sure if it is really just them leaving it as a primer, or if they matched the paint color to the primer. But in either case, that right there should be Launch Green.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I was pretty sure I remember reading that the Launch Green was the primer. That while they were applying the primer, people were liking how it looked, so decided to release it as a paint color.

Now, I'm not sure if it is really just them leaving it as a primer, or if they matched the paint color to the primer. But in either case, that right there should be Launch Green.
Welcome to the forum @koersontap, that's news to me and a cool way to discover a color option. I doubt they would leave it as a primer, unless its just with more layers and clear coat to finish or whatever they use as a final step.

Which model did you order and what options? Add it to the New Rivian Order Tracker - Enter Your Configuration Here

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the "Limestone" option. When I saw this forum I got really worried because the color above is significantly lighter than what was available in the configurator. Digging through the interwebs further I found clear pictures of a real live Launch Green Rivian...and if you out the images side by side you can clearly see the difference. Phew...was really worried the color had changed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We got a chance to work on a Rivian T1R in Launch Green this week.

We took a few photos and noticed that it looks slightly lighter depending on how the light hits it. It looks like a forest green in some lighting.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

1 - 10 of 10 Posts