Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(this post originally made at Rivian Stories and the other forum).
Liquid Fluid Cylinder Gas Circle

I reserved my R1T on 12/08/2018 at the LA Auto Show, then I waited and waited (s00n was the cry) for my R1T to be a reality and when it was, I was amazed, thrilled, overjoyed and I still am all of those things. Sure, there are challenges, I understand, but this has been an amazing truck for me. 13,500 miles later.....how Rivian inspired me to venture forth is my own story and I'm sure many of yours.

Quite a few long time forum members have built products and showcased them here, so I thought I would do the same. Why? I had no way to lift my truck in the beginning days as I didn't have a spare which meant I didn't have a jack puck! So, I used an o ring design puck and it wouldn't even work on the front two jack locations on the truck and decided then and there, that a magnetic design was the solution, so after drilling my own (months ago), getting some basic NdFeB magnets, it kinda worked, but lacked the specific energy to hold tight.

Fast forward to the present and a few design updates along the way, I have actually designed, put into a Solid Works profile and released multiple CNC STEP drawings and am in production now. We used 5 high-energy NdFeB magnets, 6061 T6 aluminum, and anodized them Red. My background is physics related and I worked for years with high energy rare earth magnets, so we designed something that works and is robust enough to last a lifetime.

The pictures below are the pre-production version (I left the groove on as a symbol to me, it would be the end of o rings and grooves forever) and it's now in pre-sale for shipment to customers in 30 days. Response has been overwhelming already, but we thought it would be, so we're cutting metal now on hundreds upon hundreds of our NeoHOT (Neodymium - Hot for hot pressed) magnetic jack pucks.

When I launched the Magnetic Jack Pucks last week, we were first to the marketplace with a magnetic design and another supplier didn't seem to pleased by this, but we'll remain positive in the process. This was the first forum I joined in my Rivian journey and I appreciate your passion for Rivian's. If anyone has questions please feel free to reach out.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fender Gas Automotive design

Gas Cylinder Auto part Electronic device Carmine

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

If someone can show me how to upload a video (not hosted elsehwere) I'd like to show you how the magnetic puck snaps into place securely.

JackPucks.com

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
80 Posts
Congrats on the venture. Pretty cool paper weight too (and I am not being facetious).
(this post originally made at Rivian Stories and the other forum).
View attachment 8760

I reserved my R1T on 12/08/2018 at the LA Auto Show, then I waited and waited (s00n was the cry) for my R1T to be a reality and when it was, I was amazed, thrilled, overjoyed and I still am all of those things. Sure, there are challenges, I understand, but this has been an amazing truck for me. 13,500 miles later.....how Rivian inspired me to venture forth is my own story and I'm sure many of yours.

Quite a few long time forum members have built products and showcased them here, so I thought I would do the same. Why? I had no way to lift my truck in the beginning days as I didn't have a spare which meant I didn't have a jack puck! So, I used an o ring design puck and it wouldn't even work on the front two jack locations on the truck and decided then and there, that a magnetic design was the solution, so after drilling my own (months ago), getting some high powered fridge magnets, it kinda worked, but lacked the specific energy to hold tight.

Fast forward to the present and a few design updates along the way, I have actually designed, put into a Solid Works profile and released multiple CNC STEP drawings and am in production now. We used 5 high-energy NdFeB magnets, 6061 T6 aluminum, and anodized them Red. My background is physics related and I worked for years with high energy rare earth magnets, so we designed something that works and is robust enough to last a lifetime.

The pictures below are the pre-production version (I left the groove on as a symbol to me, it would be the end of o rings and grooves forever) and it's now in pre-sale for shipment to customers in 30 days. Response has been overwhelming already, but we thought it would be, so we're cutting metal now on hundreds upon hundreds of our NeoHOT (Neodymium - Hot for hot pressed) magnetic jack pucks.

When I launched our Magnetic Jack Pucks last week via we were first to the marketplace with a magnetic puck and another supplier didn't seem to pleased by this. This was the first forum I joined in my Rivian journey and I appreciate your passion for Rivian's. If anyone has questions please feel free to reach out.
View attachment 8761
View attachment 8763

View attachment 8762

If someone can show me how to upload a video (not hosted elsehwere) I'd like to show you how the magnetic puck snaps into place securely.

RivianStyle.com
I thought my R1T would come next year but I got the email with the VIN and I'm now in accessory mode. I just ordered. very clever idea, especially for those of us hat don't have a drill press. thanks for doing this. can't wait for the truck. I can wait to have to jack it up.

Ray

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought my R1T would come next year but I got the email with the VIN and I'm now in accessory mode. I just ordered. very clever idea, especially for those of us hat don't have a drill press. thanks for doing this. can't wait for the truck. I can wait to have to jack it up.

Ray
Ray! Congratulations on your VIN moment! It almost becomes surreal when your vehicle is in the 8 step process..thank you for your support and order!!

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We've starting initial shipments and are still tracking for an early December delivery for all those that purchased on a pre-order basis from RivianStyle.com . We tried to create something that is mechanically solid and looks fantastic as well and I believe we did.

Magnetic Jack Puck Order Link

Hat Font Automotive design Gas Automotive tire

· Registered
38 Posts
any chance you could sell some pucks with an additional machined recess on the jack side face for the head of a bottle jack to fit into? I would like to use a hydraulic bottle jack but not sure the puck would be stable with the size of the head... Im sure Im not the only one who would buy it...
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper
Font Gas Machine Engineering Cylinder

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any chance you could sell some pucks with an additional machined recess on the jack side face for the head of a bottle jack to fit into? I would like to use a hydraulic bottle jack but not sure the puck would be stable with the size of the head... Im sure Im not the only one who would buy it...
View attachment 8917 View attachment 8918
I have a prototype I've done, the problem is you have to pick a certain bottle jack and then limit people to that because the fit needs to be reasonably tight on the tolerance. I think overall the best seller would be a USA Jack's version or a 12-ton harbor freight assuming the diameter of the top post is not too large.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Harbour Freight 12 ton has top diameter of 1.5, the 12 ton BigRed (Amazon $118) is 1.52.
My large production order for the - Rivian Style Magnetic Jack Pucks is still holding true for an early December shipment to all pre-order holders. I will pull a couple from the lot and bore them out to test a Harbor Freight 12 Ton bottle jack.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Magnetic Jack Puck Shipping Update! We're Shipping!!

Our Rivian Style Magnetic Jack Pucks start shipping on Tuesday! We've had a few boxes arrive and more are coming in every 1-2 days. We will ship in sequential order and all will receive an automated tracking email.

We're really close to our original anticipated ship date of early December, and I guess technically we're right on the cusp, but either way, we're off and running and I can't wait for you to get our product in your hands and under the rear seat of your Rivian!

If you have any questions, please let me know, as I'm always here to assist.

Mark Tozer
Rivian Style

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
80 Posts
Magnetic Jack Puck Shipping Update! We're Shipping!!

Our Rivian Style Magnetic Jack Pucks start shipping on Tuesday! We've had a few boxes arrive and more are coming in every 1-2 days. We will ship in sequential order and all will receive an automated tracking email.

We're really close to our original anticipated ship date of early December, and I guess technically we're right on the cusp, but either way, we're off and running and I can't wait for you to get our product in your hands and under the rear seat of your Rivian!

If you have any questions, please let me know, as I'm always here to assist.

Mark Tozer
Rivian Style
congratulations Mark. I'm excited to receive mine

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ladies and gentleman we have just shipped nearly 1000 orders in the last 36 hours of our Magnetic Jack Pucks for Rivian R1T and R1S vehicles. The final batch already has UPS labels on them and should show movement in the UPS tracker late Thursday evening. Thank you so much everyone! It's been a great journey!!

Dropping off our first shipment of over 500 pieces in the trailer below.
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle

Black Bicycle Bicycle tire Wood Rectangle

Cosmetics Lipstick Red Font Circuit component

Liquid Cosmetics Fluid Font Gas

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts