Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IBD Weekly had in the latest issue (March 8, 2021) an article “The New Wave of EV Stocks”. In it, Rivian is mentioned quite positively. (I only have print version, unfortunately).

Michael Dunne, CEO of auto consultancy ZoZoGo said: “Rivian is a quality organization top to bottom, with powerful backers, and an understanding from a design perspective of who their customer is—premium customers looking for off-road experiences with their SUVs and trucks.“

The article then talked about the arrival date of the R1T and the R1S and the extensive testing and with the 28 cameras and sensors, could be the first electric truck to offer height autonomous driving on U.S. Highways. It also mentioned that Rivian is expected to go public this year.

Good press.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
If true, then I hope we see more about the 2021 Rivian IPO sometime soon.
Can you take a picture of the article and post it here?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
A few sources say we can expect the Rivian IPO in September. Here's one of them:

"Rivian isn't stopping there. In its push to become a force in the EV industry, its reportedly already looking for locations for a European factory. In addition, Rivian CEO RJ Scaringe substantiated plans to take the automaker public before the end of 2021. The company is estimated to be valued at $50 billion when it IPOs."

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thanks @Stinger, didn't know the R1T (and R1S?) is packed with 28 cameras and sensors. That news comes at a good time. Just this week an R1T with autonomous driving tech mounted was spotted. One of the first times I believe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks @Stinger, didn't know the R1T (and R1S?) is packed with 28 cameras and sensors. That news comes at a good time. Just this week an R1T with autonomous driving tech mounted was spotted. One of the first times I believe.
Yeah the article says "28 cameras and sensors", probably 6 to 8 cameras with the rest just being sensors is my guess.

·
Registered
17 Posts
IBD Weekly had in the latest issue (March 8, 2021) an article “The New Wave of EV Stocks”. In it, Rivian is mentioned quite positively. (I only have print version, unfortunately).

Michael Dunne, CEO of auto consultancy ZoZoGo said: “Rivian is a quality organization top to bottom, with powerful backers, and an understanding from a design perspective of who their customer is—premium customers looking for off-road experiences with their SUVs and trucks.“

The article then talked about the arrival date of the R1T and the R1S and the extensive testing and with the 28 cameras and sensors, could be the first electric truck to offer height autonomous driving on U.S. Highways. It also mentioned that Rivian is expected to go public this year.

Good press.
Rivian is already $8 Billion in debt and they haven't delivered anything yet! So the IPO will be heavily diluted from the get go. It is unlikely that Rivian will post any earnings this year, and with battery and chip constraints, is unlikely to post much in 2022 either. So a $50B evaluation may fall flat on it's face. Count me out. My money is still on Tesla.

My concern is that, unlike Tesla, Rivian has not secured battery manufacturing or deliveries on their own. Tesla has made sure that they will have enough batteries for their own purposes whereas Rivian will fall in line with all the other manufacturers clamoring for batteries. The EV future is bright, just make sure you wear shades when investing your hard earned money.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rivian is already $8 Billion in debt and they haven't delivered anything yet! So the IPO will be heavily diluted from the get go. It is unlikely that Rivian will post any earnings this year, and with battery and chip constraints, is unlikely to post much in 2022 either. So a $50B evaluation may fall flat on it's face. Count me out. My money is still on Tesla.

My concern is that, unlike Tesla, Rivian has not secured battery manufacturing or deliveries on their own. Tesla has made sure that they will have enough batteries for their own purposes whereas Rivian will fall in line with all the other manufacturers clamoring for batteries. The EV future is bright, just make sure you wear shades when investing your hard earned money.
Interesting perspective. As with all else Rivian, we will just have to bide our time and see.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Tesla's 1100 P/E is not a strong vote of confidence for a company that has yet to turn a profit that isn't derived from selling carbon credits (something they'll have to compete for now that others are entering the market).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts