Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was on Rivian's Twitter page today and noticed this tweet that seems to imply that they plan on offering wraps as a way for customers to customize their vehicles.

This R1T is featured in a factory wrap that’s not available quite yet but keep an eye out for more ways to customize the R1 in the future!

Would anyone want to wrap their R1T like this one?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Assuming this is actually happening, I wonder if they'll create designs for people or if there will be a select number of designs to choose from.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Since some of the paint options are $1500-$2500 that seems like a possibility, maybe a bit less since it isn't paint?
$1000 is possible. A professionally done wrap takes time and labor makes up a lot of the cost.
Assuming this is actually happening, I wonder if they'll create designs for people or if there will be a select number of designs to choose from.
To better manage cost and logistics its better if Rivian goes with a select number of designs (IMO)

·
Registered
794 Posts
$1000 is possible. A professionally done wrap takes time and labor makes up a lot of the cost.

To better manage cost and logistics its better if Rivian goes with a select number of designs (IMO)
Yeah that's true. Unless they did something where they set a higher price for custom wraps versus standard ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, Tesla is going to build a Stainless steel, Bulletproof truck, and per Elon offer wrapping it (at additional cost, but cheaper truck) because your not paying to paint it. But Rivian thinks it’s a good idea to paint the truck and then charge you to wrap it? Does this make sense to anyone what Rivian is thinking? Or will Rivian discount the truck and sell as unfinished Aluminum and then wrap it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Custom wraps make zero sense for Rivian to offer, imo. Rivan needs to focus on production quality and volume.

Customers who want custom wraps can easily have their local vinyl shop take care of their needs, after delivery.

Now, if Rivian offered a few "special" wraps, then I guess that's more marketing and I could see an argument for it. It would have to be a limited selection, and each one would have to be uniquely "Rivian". But for this to make financial sense, for Rivian, the cost would have to be $$$$.

People thinking they can have Rivian "factory-wrap" for less than the already-advertised cost of premium paint have probably been sniffing too much paint.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So, Tesla is going to build a Stainless steel, Bulletproof truck, and per Elon offer wrapping it (at additional cost, but cheaper truck) because your not paying to paint it. But Rivian thinks it’s a good idea to paint the truck and then charge you to wrap it? Does this make sense to anyone what Rivian is thinking? Or will Rivian discount the truck and sell as unfinished Aluminum and then wrap it?
I think people are mis-reading what was said.

I think the person meant to say that the truck in the picture is pre-production and not yet available. Yes it's wrapped, but no that's not going to be sold to the public. But they have a color called "El Cap" and it's pretty nice. Look forward to buying your own Rivian, soon.

I wouldn't necessarily take that post as a commitment to let you buy a Rivian-wrapped vehicle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts