Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why would you pump your brakes in a modern vehicle? Press the pedal to the floor and let the antilock do its thing. It can pulse the brakes a heck of a lot faster than you can. I drive a dual motor (all wheel drive) Tesla Model S in MI and the car handles great in the snow. In fact, two days after I took ownership, I got caught in an ice storm in Detroit. Freeways were a solid sheet of ice. Yes it was nerve wracking, but I just did what I always do when driving in slippery conditions....light acceleration, light braking (or in this case easing off the go pedal), no sudden turns. Yes there was some slippage, but car handled a heck of a lot better than other vehicles on the road at the same time. As others have said, take a bit of time to get used to how the region kicks in as you come off of the go pedal (accelerator) and you'll very quickly develop the appropriate muscle memory.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.