Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had no issues charging using the Lectron adapter

It will charge at 48A with a rate of just over 21 miles of range added per hour. I will get a screen shot the next time I’m charging to show the kW.

But in general it has worked very well for daily/weekly charging needs and sharing between my wife’s Tesla and my Rivian. Thought I would share.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Do they lock to the car? I know on my Tesla the adapter will lock to my car so it can't be stolen. Will the R1T do the same?
There’s a hole you can put a small padlock through to lock the adapter to the car. The current TeslaTap Mini (which I like better than the Lectron) also has a place for a 2nd padlock to lock the adapter to the Tesla cable.

·
Registered
229 Posts
There’s a hole you can put a small padlock through to lock the adapter to the car. The current TeslaTap Mini (which I like better than the Lectron) also has a place for a 2nd padlock to lock the adapter to the Tesla cable.
Any idea if the Rivian charge port locks the adapter to the car without the padlock?
While feasible with a padlock, it would be a bit of a pain if I was staying at a hotel with a destination charger to pull out a padlock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts