Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was scrolling through the Rivian site and in the "Our Company" section they say they plan to be carbon neutral by 2028 and will be releasing their first impact report in 2023.

Is this wishful thinking or is it possible they can pull it off within the next 7 years?

Building a collaborative culture is critical for us to deliver on our mission – the complexity of our products and customer ecosystems means that a wide range of skillsets and backgrounds must work closely together to make thousands of decisions every day. The degree to which we are successful in continuing to build and maintain our collaborative culture will directly translate to our ability to create beautifully curated and holistically integrated customer experiences. This cross-system view is also foundational for our ability to achieve carbon neutrality across our entire business, which we are committed to achieving no later than 2028 (and ideally much sooner). In early 2023, after our first full year of production, we will publish our first impact report. We are focused on accurately accounting for the comprehensive impact of our business and being transparent with our performance in achieving carbon neutrality.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I was scrolling through the Rivian site and in the "Our Company" section they say they plan to be carbon neutral by 2028 and will be releasing their first impact report in 2023.

Is this wishful thinking or is it possible they can pull it off within the next 7 years?

Building a collaborative culture is critical for us to deliver on our mission – the complexity of our products and customer ecosystems means that a wide range of skillsets and backgrounds must work closely together to make thousands of decisions every day. The degree to which we are successful in continuing to build and maintain our collaborative culture will directly translate to our ability to create beautifully curated and holistically integrated customer experiences. This cross-system view is also foundational for our ability to achieve carbon neutrality across our entire business, which we are committed to achieving no later than 2028 (and ideally much sooner). In early 2023, after our first full year of production, we will publish our first impact report. We are focused on accurately accounting for the comprehensive impact of our business and being transparent with our performance in achieving carbon neutrality.
We will have a better idea how close they are in 2023 but seeing that they are working on making sure the RAN is being juiced by carbon free sources shows us that they already have had this high on their priorities and probably have a really good base to be starting this from.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We will have a better idea how close they are in 2023 but seeing that they are working on making sure the RAN is being juiced by carbon free sources shows us that they already have had this high on their priorities and probably have a really good base to be starting this from.
The information about the adventure network is a pretty solid start for them to try and deliver on being carbon neutral.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest, I'm more surprised that they aren't carbon neutral, now. I would think it'd be easier to do it from the start, rather than bring manufacturing online and then make changes.
That crossed my mind too but I imagine with the pandemic and delays their main priority is to get production going as smooth as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.