Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
What I am curious about is why they are going west instead of east onto land they most likely already own. Maybe not quite enough there for what they need.
I am also wondering what they are doing with what looks like an old test track to the east (shows up on google maps).

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Good to see this after they were said to have plans to build 800 vehicles a week on average.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am also wondering what they are doing with what looks like an old test track to the east (shows up on google maps).
Besides using it as a convenient (local) test track for their development vehicles, I think it would be pretty cool if they did something like what BMW offers except this would be more along the lines of training sessions for proper off-roading. Maybe even offer a free lesson as part of your "take delivery, unique experience" Rivian talks about, though I think they seem to leaning more towards actually delivering your vehicle vs. a factory pickup.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Amazon Vans
Although I am sure the 6 month delay has a lot to do with the Vans
The data Rivian will receive from them will be great for us
So sucks we had to wait but the payoff is Immense

·
Registered
214 Posts
Besides using it as a convenient (local) test track for their development vehicles, I think it would be pretty cool if they did something like what BMW offers except this would be more along the lines of training sessions for proper off-roading. Maybe even offer a free lesson as part of your "take delivery, unique experience" Rivian talks about, though I think they seem to leaning more towards actually delivering your vehicle vs. a factory pickup.
Some of us Live way over here on the other side of the country
Just saying
Now if they were to offer me to pick up at the Toyota testing grounds where they have spent some time
That be cool
But I don't know that my first EV ownership experience should be a cross country drive
I would like to think they have considered that
Not to mention I'm still not keen on getting in a sealed tube for 6 hours with a bunch of people
You people nearby the plant our fortunate but I think that they will take us Westsiders into consideration
So I doubt they are going to do what you are hoping for
Just saying

·
Registered
206 Posts
Some of us Live way over here on the other side of the country
Just saying
Now if they were to offer me to pick up at the Toyota testing grounds where they have spent some time
That be cool
But I don't know that my first EV ownership experience should be a cross country drive
I would like to think they have considered that
Not to mention I'm still not keen on getting in a sealed tube for 6 hours with a bunch of people
You people nearby the plant our fortunate but I think that they will take us Westsiders into consideration
So I doubt they are going to do what you are hoping for
Just saying
I'm not naive to the fact there would be geographic challenges to this - distance, pandemic or otherwise. I'm with ya on flying - I'm not ready for that either unless absolutely necessary. I was only pointing out the concept is not without precedence. BMW has a facility on each coast - South Carolina and California - and people travel to it. After all, you did say you're willing to travel to the Toyota testing grounds. And who's to say Rivian doesn't build (or lease time like at Toyota) more test tracks. Plus, since there will be at least two delivery options, factory or your home, and who knows maybe more if they utilize their experience centers (aka showrooms) and service centers, I suspect Rivian will have more than one "unique experience" up their sleeves to pick from based on delivery destination and/or perhaps other criteria. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

·
Registered
836 Posts
That would be awesome for Rivian to do. It'd be a great way to show how serious they are as an adventure/lifestyle brand. Take some notes from BMW and Porsche as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts