Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again we see a Rivian vehicle in specific color that looks like two different colors! Which one represents the true color? I truly wish that Rivian would provide us pictures or videos that represent each vehicle color as accurately as possible. It is hard to select these colors when you can't see them in person. I believe the following are pictures of the same color R1T but they look totally different.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Snow Tire Car Plant

·
Registered
814 Posts
I can't think of any auto manufacturer whose website shows accurate color chips.

A nice monitor (will cost a thousand dollars or more) will have full DCI-P3 or Adobe RGB color space. Most monitors only support the more limited sRGB color space and won't even cover all of it -- usually around 90%+. Low quality displays will cover even a smaller percentage of sRGB.

Ignoring the fact that the average monitor can't even display all colors, there's the (perhaps larger) issue that most displays are not calibrated. The color you "see" won't match what your neighbor sees.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Once again we see a Rivian vehicle in specific color that looks like two different colors! Which one represents the true color? I truly wish that Rivian would provide us pictures or videos that represent each vehicle color as accurately as possible. It is hard to select these colors when you can't see them in person. I believe the following are pictures of the same color R1T but they look totally different.
View attachment 1351 View attachment 1352
For what it's worth I believe this is Forest Green, Launch Green seems to be more of an olive green than the darker Forest Green.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
I can't think of any auto manufacturer whose website shows accurate color chips.

A nice monitor (will cost a thousand dollars or more) will have full DCI-P3 or Adobe RGB color space. Most monitors only support the more limited sRGB color space and won't even cover all of it -- usually around 90%+. Low quality displays will cover even a smaller percentage of sRGB.

Ignoring the fact that the average monitor can't even display all colors, there's the (perhaps larger) issue that most displays are not calibrated. The color you "see" won't match what your neighbor sees.
Oh, great, another “deal breaker” requirement. “what do you mean the touch screen doesn’t ‘have full DCI-P3 or Adobe RGB color space’?” :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
139 Posts
My guess is that the colors are 'changing' because they are still zeroing in the paint process in the factory. Heck we don''t even know if the paint process is fully set-up yet. So, these might all be hand painted with magic markers. :)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

I believe at some event they had actual exterior paint samples along with interior material samples.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts