Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rivian seems to be sending out emails to people with pre-orders. Has anyone received an email like this recently?

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Launch of our configurator later this year"
Does this change from their last response which said "Late Summer"....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you think there's going to be another setback?
Do you think there's going to be another setback?
I do think there will be more setbacks. We're at the time Rivian said they would be rolling vehicles off the assembly line. They have yet to do even the simplest things, like have a virtual vehicle configurator on their website, or provide us with what colors will be available. I don't think the pandemic had anything to do with them delaying, but they sure used it as an excuse. I'm not holding my breath for 2021.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I feel like a virtual configurator isn't the biggest deal. That's a pretty simple task compared to engineering an electric pickup truck...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel like a virtual configurator isn't the biggest deal. That's a pretty simple task compared to engineering an electric pickup truck...
Thank you, thats exactly my point. We're past the initial launch date of the electric pickup truck and the simple but important things aren't even done yet. I'm not waiting around for the more complex task of an electric pickup truck. The wait has already been too long. Putting my money into something thats released and driveable.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Thank you, thats exactly my point. We're past the initial launch date of the electric pickup truck and the simple but important things aren't even done yet. I'm not waiting around for the more complex task of an electric pickup truck. The wait has already been too long. Putting my money into something thats released and driveable.
I think the truck itself is quite real. They're driving around and testing. Obviously there's still more testing to do. The bigger issues is actual full-scale production.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I believe they are trying to release the configurator with an estimate delivery date tied to it. This will help everyone see the ETD with different options, so its taking longer than expected since they just started their pilot builds a couple of weeks ago. Once they run through the pilot builds, they'll know what options can be shipped earlier and which options still need work for us to receive a quality product. If they just treat the configurator as a toy, then I'm sure it would've been released already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the truck itself is quite real. They're driving around and testing. Obviously there's still more testing to do. The bigger issues is actual full-scale production.
Im sure it will be released eventually all I'm saying is that to me, the signs point to more delays.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think that they announced the dates around the pandemic and haven't pushed them yet, indicates they will stick to them. The pandemic has basically give anyone an "excuse" to push things if they want to...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that they announced the dates around the pandemic and haven't pushed them yet, indicates they will stick to them. The pandemic has basically give anyone an "excuse" to push things if they want to...
Mmm no, initial launch was summer 2020. Rivian hasn't even hired the 1000's of production workers they'll need to train to produce these trucks, again you can blame the pandemic but seems clear its a get out of jail free card for something that was never going to meet initial release. You can choose to ignore reality all you want. The truck either will or will not be out summer of 2021, you know my take, plan accordingly. I've had to move on for the time being.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mmm no, initial launch was summer 2020. Rivian hasn't even hired the 1000's of production workers they'll need to train to produce these trucks, again you can blame the pandemic but seems clear its a get out of jail free card for something that was never going to meet initial release. You can choose to ignore reality all you want. The truck either will or will not be out summer of 2021, you know my take, plan accordingly. I've had to move on for the time being.
If you're moving on, are you looking at other electric pickups? because a lot of them are a year or so away as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you're moving on, are you looking at other electric pickups? because a lot of them are a year or so away as well.
No, I think Rivians created the best product for my needs. I am curiously concerned about the interior setup though. I'm 6'3" and trucks of similar size like the Tacoma have too cramped of cockpit. Going to purchase another Tundra this year and probably wait until 2022 now instead of ordering prerelease.

·
Registered
254 Posts
No, I think Rivians created the best product for my needs. I am curiously concerned about the interior setup though. I'm 6'3" and trucks of similar size like the Tacoma have too cramped of cockpit. Going to purchase another Tundra this year and probably wait until 2022 now instead of ordering prerelease.
From the videos and photos I've seen (particularly the Shaq ones) there should be plenty of room for taller people.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I looked it up, he looks comfortable. Do you think the truck and suv have the same leg room specs?
For the passenger and driver it should be the same. If there were to be a difference it could be in the back but I doubt it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Rivian has been shifting around things to ensure the R1T and R1S can stay closer to the original schedule:

"Amazon’s order for 100,000 vans is not expected to be filled until 2024 with the first deliveries originally scheduled to begin in 2021. The R1T being moved from a late 2020 to early 2021 launch shouldn’t impact Amazon's van deliveries. If anything they could move the van ahead of the R1S in the launch cadence. Possibly pushing R1S to 2022. It could also impact the Ford/Lincoln co-developed vehicle but that was likely a 2023 model so it may not be delayed enough to change the model year."

Any further out from that and I bet we'll see an increase in canceled Rivian orders.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rivian seems to be sending out emails to people with pre-orders. Has anyone received an email like this recently?

I reached out a few weeks ago and got the following response, very similar but I am not a "Day 1" supporter . . . I did my order in Feb 2019.

It should be noted that I solicited an update and was not contacted by Rivian directly.

"
Thanks for reaching out; we appreciate your support as a member of our preorder community! R1T deliveries will begin in June 2021; however, your unique delivery timeline will be heavily influenced by how you customize your vehicle to fit your adventure in our configurator tool, launching later this year!

Within the configurator, you’ll be able to customize your R1T with your favorite color, trim level, battery pack options, and more. You’ll also be able to see pricing in addition to that delivery timeline for your vehicle.

Your fellow adventurer,
Kevin

"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts