Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of December Rivian has received around 10,000 pre-orders according to a report from the Frost & Sullivan research firm!

The company will start delivering its first products i.e., electric pickup trucks and full-size SUVs in the last quarter of 2020. It has already secured 10,000 pre-orders. Additionally, Amazon has ordered 100,000 custom-designed electric delivery-vans from Rivian; this has ensured a cashflow for Rivian to continue its business.

I'd like to see Rivian release pre-order numbers themselves so we can see where the orders are coming from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is 7/15/20 at the time of this post. Any update on pricing ? And what about estimates for number of preorders ? I can't stand the cyber truck and the news is they have over 500K to 600K preorders now. Some of that is likely due to the meager $100 deposit required which any fool can plunk down. The $1000 that Rivian is requiring is much smarter move to me but will they really cost $20K more than a comparably equipped Tesla ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yea, I don't believe the Cybertruck pre-order nonsense. That's just a bunch of pro-Tesla fanboys trying to inflate the stock price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am about to order!!!

I emailed them last night with a ton of questions. They got back to me this morning with some answers, nothing really concrete, mostly just a lot of “very soon” and “it will make sense when you use the configurator regarding options”

They did say your place in line regarding orders is less important than what you are ordering as far as configuration. I think Tesla is pretty much the same way.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am about to order!!!

I emailed them last night with a ton of questions. They got back to me this morning with some answers, nothing really concrete, mostly just a lot of “very soon” and “it will make sense when you use the configurator regarding options”

They did say your place in line regarding orders is less important than what you are ordering as far as configuration. I think Tesla is pretty much the same way.
Congrats on ordering @Sully151! Are you going with the R1T or R1S?

I'm with you @St00k and @jimrichard those Tesla numbers are incredibly shady. Especially with people pre-ordering multiple vehicles. One person was able to pre-order 50 trucks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am about to order!!!

We were an early deposit maker but think we will have to wait on a later version of the R1S to save a few thousand bucks. Do not need the 400 mile battery that is to be in all the first models with the higher price. After waiting 24 months, just have to wait 5 or 6 more. Just would like to be eligible for the tax credit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts