Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
11.6 frunk. Dimensions 25.5"length, 54.7" width, 22.7" depth i compute more than 11.7' as 22.7" is almost 2ft. So its 9.7 ' plus almost twice that 1ft so im guessing over 17sqft not 11.7
That's odd because that's what it says on the Rivian site. Maybe they're under promising there?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Rivian also said that the configurator will have pictures of the 3rd row seats folded. This is something I've been waiting to see since the prototypes had a big hump...
These are still the closest photos I've see of what the seats look like folded down.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just joined, just reserved an R1S. I live in SLC, have 5 kids, and am an avid backcountry skier. I'm really hoping they allow that middle seat to fold independently as pictured above for the skis! And to allow kiddos to move to the back seat without having to move a passenger seat which tends to be difficult for small kids. But the site says 60/40 split. We're replacing a Q7 which we have loved particularly due to the seat configuration that works so well for our family.

Or would the skis potentially fit in the 'mini gear tunnel' planned for the R1S?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just joined, just reserved an R1S. I live in SLC, have 5 kids, and am an avid backcountry skier. I'm really hoping they allow that middle seat to fold independently as pictured above for the skis! And to allow kiddos to move to the back seat without having to move a passenger seat which tends to be difficult for small kids. But the site says 60/40 split. We're replacing a Q7 which we have loved particularly due to the seat configuration that works so well for our family.

Or would the skis potentially fit in the 'mini gear tunnel' planned for the R1S?
Welcome! I’m in Park City and have an LE R1T reserved. I’m a big skier as well, and also a former Q7 owner. The R1T lists the bed width as 138cm, so I’m assuming the interior width with doors closed will be comparable to that for both the R1T and R1S. So unless you’re riding on really short skis, putting them under the R1S seat (or in the gear tunnel on R1T) is likely a no-go. Best option is likely a roof rack or roof box carrier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Best option is likely a roof rack or roof box carrier.
Thanks for the reply! Glad to know we have a number of Rivians destined for Utah. With 5 kids it would be nice to stow some of their skis in the tunnel. Sounds like they are developing some nice options for roof racks. It makes perfect sense to me that the vehicle manufacturer should design a quick connect roof rack system rather than Thule or Yakima's cumbersome and costly solutions.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts