Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
466 Posts
I’ll decide once I get it. Ice done PlastiDip on my 4Runner with pretty good success. Would probably do that if the light cooler stuff bothers me too much.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I’ll decide once I get it. Ice done PlastiDip on my 4Runner with pretty good success. Would probably do that if the light cooler stuff bothers me too much.
I think the trim does well at breaking up the colors in a subtle way and some colors might actually need it. El Cap being one of them but then again its all personal taste and there's no one right way.

·
Super Moderator
466 Posts
I think the trim does well at breaking up the colors in a subtle way and some colors might actually need it. El Cap being one of them but then again its all personal taste and there's no one right way.
Agree. I think darker colors look better without chrome or light colored accents, but lighter colors look OK with them.

Reactions: eHauler

·
Registered
12 Posts
ALL Chrome GONE!!!!!! and Window tint on the driver and passenger window to match the rear window color. Th eElcap deserves it...My opinion

·
Registered
12 Posts
Plasti dip is good cheap and looks good for a year but then it wears off a bit and looks shabby ( Cash washes really take it off fast). When taking off the old and redoing it is painful and messy. Better to have the chrome wrapped. Costs more but the results last much longer

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Agree. I think darker colors look better without chrome or light colored accents, but lighter colors look OK with them.
Yep. We don't have to look far either.
Lots of examples especially from German automakers. Any examples you can think of?

Audi and Mercedes will be the first place I look!

·
Super Moderator
466 Posts
Plasti dip is good cheap and looks good for a year but then it wears off a bit and looks shabby ( Cash washes really take it off fast). When taking off the old and redoing it is painful and messy. Better to have the chrome wrapped. Costs more but the results last much longer
I did it on my 4Runner 2-1/2 years ago. Did all the badging and some stupid lighter colored plastic panel on the rear bumper. I take it through car wash almost weekly, sometimes more. It’s holding up good so far. Cost me about $10 and a couple hours of my time. I think I did 7 coats. I’d do it again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did it on my 4Runner 2-1/2 years ago. Did all the badging and some stupid lighter colored plastic panel on the rear bumper. I take it through car wash almost weekly, sometimes more. It’s holding up good so far. Cost me about $10 and a couple hours of my time. I think I did 7 coats. I’d do it again.
Meh...Maybe I just didn't do enough coats, but I did my rails with it 3 years ago and they have quite a few missing spots these days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts