Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks nice with those bars. I hope that Rivian comes up with a rear ladder or something to help us shorter folks get to the roof line.

Something like what Gobi has for other vehicles would be sick. Showing the LC200 since it has a split rear gate too.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Looks nice with those bars. I hope that Rivian comes up with a rear ladder or something to help us shorter folks get to the roof line.

Something like what Gobi has for other vehicles would be sick. Showing the LC200 since it has a split rear gate too.

View attachment 2150
Good suggestion.

A ladder like what Land Rover provides would be great to have here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
thank you for posting....these are a must for me...when I travel, I'll need to put the ski bags somewhere to get to the airport...i can get them in my Yukon XL but they certainly will not fit in the Rivian...however, this fixes that issue as long as things can strap on easily...

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
My wife and I added the three-person tent to our configuration. It's the first time for us using something like this.
I'm assuming that the tent has a hard bottom on it, so it doesn't sag between the crossbars. Would that be correct?
Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep hard bottom and nice cushy mattress. I have had the Yakima Skyrise 3 person tent for several years and it's worked well. It's nice to get above the vehicle to sleep and less bugs to deal with... just be careful getting out for those late night potty breaks!

Here's the tent on my H3 the first time we tested it out.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Yep hard bottom and nice cushy mattress. I have had the Yakima Skyrise 3 person tent for several years and it's worked well. It's nice to get above the vehicle to sleep and less bugs to deal with... just be careful getting out for those late night potty breaks!

Here's the tent on my H3 the first time we tested it out.
View attachment 2166
Takt,
Thanks for sharing the picture of your old H3. Did the shade on the opposite side of the ladder come with your tent, or did you purchase that separately? I like that!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Takt,
Thanks for sharing the picture of your old H3. Did the shade on the opposite side of the ladder come with your tent, or did you purchase that separately? I like that!
The awning is/was a separate purchase. There a quite a few options out there for them as well as styles. I was originally looking for a foxwing, but couldn't justify the usage/cost/benefit there.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Does anyone know the spread? I have a Yakima 21 Skybox that I would like to use with it, but the spread doesn’t seem long enough. Does the crossbars slide along or it seems there is a 3rd anchor towards the back?
Does look like a third attachment point further back.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From another thread here on this forum

• Distance between front and middle roof rack anchor points: 36"
  • Distance between the middle and rear roof rack anchor points: 27"
  • Distance between front and rear roof rack anchor points: 63"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts