Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Very curious when the R1S will come to Europe, I have not pre-ordered one for a few different reasons

1> I have no idea how much room is inside for the driver or how much legroom there is. ( I am 6 10 will not fit in a lot of vehices )
2> No idea if they will be coming the Netherlands, plenty of Tesla's which where all highly subsidized by the goverment, it created a storm on Tesla's which were all bought by businesses.

Hopefully we can see one live here in Europa somewhere so I can at least sit in one and test it.

Rgds,

Dirk

·
Registered
797 Posts
Hey @Dirk Hazzelnoot welcome to the forum! You should have enough leg room to fit inside. A couple of years ago Rivian had Shaq sit inside the R1T and he seemed to fit without an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that MilesK, if Shaq fits, so will I.
Now just waiting for Rivian to come with this vehicle to Europe, hopefully we can test it somewhere, and then start the order process.
As I have understood, there where plenty of test drives in US and Canada.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Externally, the vehicle R1S length is between Audi Q8 < R1S < BMW X7, and width wise, Q8 < X7 < R1S.

Internally, the front seats are exactly the same as the R1T so you can assume similar space, if not exact:
Front Head Room41.1 in.
Front Hip Room54.9 in.
Front Leg Room41.4 in.
Front Shoulder Room60.6 in.

Sorry these are imperial units instead of SI but you can convert them easy enough.

As for EU deliveries, they are looking for an European factory but their priority is domestic first so probably not before 2025 at the earliest (my guess). That said, if they see enough demand for Q8, X7, Range Rover sized SUV demand, who knows - maybe sooner export (especially if they can ramp up production to anywhere close to the plan).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that, we are looking at 2025/? the demand for big cars is dropping here in the Netherlands, ( the goverment kills it for us, just like a heeps of other fun hobbies.)

So if I want one earlier, I have import one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to chip in that many people are looking for decently prized big electric vehicles. The only spacious electric vehicle is currently the Model X at over €100.000.

Having a bigger family I would love to drive the R1S, especially fitting multiple child seats. Any ideas on how to import it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts