Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking on the new Rivian site and it says the 3rd row seats fold 50/50 while the 2nd row seats fold 60/40.

It says they fold "nearly flat" so I have to assume it's not completely flat.

Has anyone seen how flat it is? On a prototype of anything?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was just looking on the new Rivian site and it says the 3rd row seats fold 50/50 while the 2nd row seats fold 60/40.

It says they fold "nearly flat" so I have to assume it's not completely flat.

Has anyone seen how flat it is? On a prototype of anything?
The 3rd row didn't fold flat on the prototypes, which is why I'm on the fence of o should get the 7 seats option. However, Rivian was saying that they improved it and the configurator will show pictures of the back with the seats folded. I guess I'm just waiting until Monday to find out what I'll end up getting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for this info. The customer service person I emailed with said the seats fold flat :(. I only want 5 seats but want a launch edition - this may throw me over to waiting for 5 seats and a bigger battery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for confirming9 @AlexL

Both rows folding nearly flat will go a long way to help make the R1S a very practical SUV.
Were there any other new/interesting things you found out through customer service?
So far just this:
"That's right! The second and third rows of the R1S fold nearly flat to about 3° as stated on the website. The second row has a 60/40 split and can slide forward/backward to increase legroom and allow easier access to the third row. The third row is fixed and thus cannot slide back or forward. I've attached a photo to help demonstrate this. Still, we'll have more details and photos available to help our community
better visualize this as we get closer to deliveries as well. Keep your eyes out!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts