23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive parking light Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

In case you missed it, Rivian finally dropped the R1S Owner's Guide

Have fun reading!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm a relatively new order holder, so I need some help from you veterans if you can.

At page 67 of the R1S owners guide it says that cellular connectivity includes, among a number of things, "maps and navigation." I read this as meaning I can use the maps and navigation features of my cellular device, which for me is my iPhone.

Am I misunderstanding this?

If I'm right, it seems like almost Carplay as the only use I make of Carplay on my ICE vehicle now is maps and navigation.

Thanks for any constructive insights.

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
53 Posts
Doesn't seem like the liftgate can be adjusted for specific heights... hum
The lift gate isn’t powered, so it’s either open or closed. The vehicle height can be easily changed, affecting a 9” difference, which does help in loading heavy things (like my sons’ dirt bike), but the tailgate, with the exception of the power unlock/latch, is like any other pickup.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The lift gate isn’t powered, so it’s either open or closed. The vehicle height can be easily changed, affecting a 9” difference, which does help in loading heavy things (like my sons’ dirt bike), but the tailgate, with the exception of the power unlock/latch, is like any other pickup.
Just to be clear, this is an R1S thread

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
53 Posts
Just to be clear, this is an R1S thread
Well, then there’s that. My bad! But yeah, if the liftgate can’t be height adjusted, that would seem to be an oversight. I’ve actually got a preorder for the R1S for my wife (shh. I haven’t told her) and her current truck (’21 Yukon Denali) is height adjustable from the cab. Honestly, that seems like a must have, since my wife is only 5’3”, so she can’t even reach it at the nominal setting.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well, then there’s that. My bad! But yeah, if the liftgate can’t be height adjusted, that would seem to be an oversight. I’ve actually got a preorder for the R1S for my wife (shh. I haven’t told her) and her current truck (’21 Yukon Denali) is height adjustable from the cab. Honestly, that seems like a must have, since my wife is only 5’3”, so she can’t even reach it at the nominal setting.
Not to make excuses for Rivian, since I definitely hope there is height adjustability, but I bet it's much less of an issue on a split tailgate than on a Yukon Denali. Honestly, seeing those behemoths around town, I'm surprised your 5'3" wife can even reach the bumper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts