Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Website states it is 81.8" w/the side mirrors folded, does it mean door to door or the mirror backing to the other mirror backing?

Trying to figure out if it will fit in my garage. I currently have a 2011 Toyota Sienna that has to have the side mirrors folded in order to fit. Give or take an inch of space after being the mirrors folded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would consult the owners manual. I seem to recall some renders with dims
thanks, i don't have a vehicle yet. Mine isn't scheduled till first half of 2023. Anyone care to chime in if they have an owner's manual to see what that actual dimension is for the width?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Website states it is 81.8" w/the side mirrors folded, does it mean door to door or the mirror backing to the other mirror backing?

Trying to figure out if it will fit in my garage. I currently have a 2011 Toyota Sienna that has to have the side mirrors folded in order to fit. Give or take an inch of space after being the mirrors folded.
I don't think you can fold in the mirrors until the vehicle is parked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That wouldn't make sense when you can't manually hit a button to fold in the mirrors. My audi, toyota just requires a tap of a button and it folds in and you don't have to be necessarily be in park mode. What if you were trying to squeeze into a tight parking spot?! Again, if anyone can shed some light on what the 81.8" measures from?

·
Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
142 Posts
thanks, i don't have a vehicle yet. Mine isn't scheduled till first half of 2023. Anyone care to chime in if they have an owner's manual to see what that actual dimension is for the width?
You can see it online now, no need to wait.

You can. There is a "button" to tap on the screen.

·
Registered
824 Posts
It says that is the width with side mirrors folded, so that would be the widest dimension possible. You could always verify with CS via chat if you wanted.
  • A
    Max height (with antenna)
    78.2 in
  • B
    Length
    217.1 in
  • C
    Wheelbase
    135.8 in

• Width (side mirrors folded)
    81.8 in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts