Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
147 Posts
Good info, not sure why the 328 or model3/S matter since they aren't SUV/Trucks.

The real competition on an ICE level are the Q7, X7 and larger Rovers. I would include the GLS in there as well.

GLS 71.8, 84.9, 205.

This is the size I was hoping for as well. The X5/GLE/Q5 are too small for me right now, but I hope that is Rivian's next size for the R2S, around 50k

·
Registered
222 Posts
To get a feel for how big the R1S is here's how its dimensions compare to some other cars/SUVs.

(Measurements in inches)
View attachment 1737
Looks like the R1S is right between the Land Rover and the Land Rover Long Wheel Base for overall length but almost the same wheelbase R1S 121 Land Rover LWB 122.9

These are the Long Wheel Base numbers;
Wheelbase (in.): 122.9
Length, Overall (in.): 207.4
Width, Max w/o mirrors (in.): 78.1
Height, Overall (in.): 73.5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone seen stats on the R1S Curb weight/GWV? Important as a business purchase and section 179 deductions. Might be completely deductible if over 6000 lbs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Although is it accurate... Based on this article, the Model X is closer to 7 at 6,768. Hard to think the R1S and R1T will be 1K less than the X

·
Registered
33 Posts
would be more interesting to see a comparison of wheelbase as well...that's where EVs usually offer a lot more cabin space

·
Registered
26 Posts
It appears the closest SUV in terms of size is the BMW X7, as it is within an inch in terms of length, width, height and wheelbase with the R1S.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Rivian s website says it’s 82” wide now (with mirrors folded). I thought it was 79 too
Where do you see that? In the main product page it still shows 79 inches:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Where do you see that? In the main product page it still shows 79 inches:
View attachment 1789
Under specifications in the support section...

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is it 82 or 81? It says 81 on the site.
Still on w chat. They’re saying it’s 81.7”, so this guy rounded up. Whomever did the website rounded down. Width has change apparently, hence the 79 on the main product page, but that should be getting an update.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Still on w chat. They’re saying it’s 81.7”, so this guy rounded up. Whomever did the website rounded down. Width has change apparently, hence the 79 on the main product page, but that should be getting an update.
They said tweaks are still being made, so it’s a moving target until final product is certified.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts