Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Mach E looks and seems really nice. It feels like manufacturers are taking this EV transition as an opportunity to have a blank canvas and make better, or at least more interesting cars. The exception would be the F-150 (not saying that it won't be good, just not different/interesting. I expect it to sell VERY well).

One of these days I'm going to have to try driving a Mach E, just out of curiosity.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The exception would be the F-150 (not saying that it won't be good, just not different/interesting. I expect it to sell VERY well).
Ford can't really make any radical changes to the F-150. It's their bread/butter cash-cow and the execs are far too scared to upset a customer base that is considered highly-conservative.

I'm surprised Ford/GM haven't come out with a new brand/marque so they can still leverage their extensive resources while also shedding considerable legacy baggage and brand predujices. This would free them up to produce more avant-garde designs without jeopardizing their existing sales or alienating customers.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
384 Posts
Ford can't really make any radical changes to the F-150. It's their bread/butter cash-cow and the execs are far too scared to upset a customer base that is considered highly-conservative.
They sure didn’t seem to take that approach with the “Mustang” Mach-e. That was such a huge departure from the long-standing Mustang brand as a 2-door sports coupe. Yeah, Mustang might not be their “bread and butter”, but it’s a huge part of the Ford brand. I like the Mach-e. I hate that they called it a Mustang. This would have been a great place for that new brand/marque you mention.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts