Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw this rendering and now I really want a two-door R1S! If Rivian made one would anyone pick it over the four door R1S or R1T? I think it would be better suited for off-road driving.

Rivian R1S Two Door

·
Registered
208 Posts
I REALLY like it. Love the tires on that bad boy too!

That should be their next model after the R1S and R1T.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Better breakover angles are great and all, but if your undercarriage is basically a bulletproof skid plate, I'm not sure you really need to care as much as you do in a traditional offroad vehicle. I personally wouldn't trade the additional cabin space and non-offroad utility for that one benefit. I don't know what other benefit the shorter wheelbase really gets you - maybe a bit more maneuverability, but with tank turns do I really care?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Better breakover angles are great and all, but if your undercarriage is basically a bulletproof skid plate, I'm not sure you really need to care as much as you do in a traditional offroad vehicle. I personally wouldn't trade the additional cabin space and non-offroad utility for that one benefit. I don't know what other benefit the shorter wheelbase really gets you - maybe a bit more maneuverability, but with tank turns do I really care?
Tank turns could be handy but I don't know if I'd trust it in certain situations.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It'll all come down to how controllable they are. If it can perform them well at very low speeds then I think it will ultimately be a hugely valuable addition for the overlanding crowd. It would likely take me some time to really trust it, but I can think of several tight trail spots that would be ideal for that type of maneuver. At the same time, I can definitely think of some switchbacks that would have me squeezing the cheeks hard while attempting a tank turn through them....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts