Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reservations are finally open for the Ocean. It starts out MUCH cheaper than the R1S at around $40,000 but as its pricing crosses over into Rivian territory I think it will be interesting to see how the two compare. Is anyone considering the Ocean?

more on the Ocean:
"The electric SUV will premiere in prototype form on January 4, 2020, and should have a starting price of under $40,000. With the 80 kWh battery fully charged, it will have a range between 250 and 300 miles (402-483 km). Additionally, the full-length solar roof will further boost efficiency, with Fisker estimating that it can provide up to 1,000 free miles (1,610 km) per year.
Fisker has gone all eco on the Ocean, with its maker referring to it as the “world’s most sustainable vehicle”. Vegan leather will be on used, along with carpeting made from repurposed abandoned fishing nets that were recovered from the oceans and rubber sourced from the waste generated during tire manufacturing."
1575252647135.png

1575252652618.png

1575252656843.png

1575252660042.png

1575252665481.png

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI, the Ocean's debut will be happening next month at CES 2020. An official statement from the companies CEO that I quoted below confirms it. Can't wait to see the Ocean in its entirety!

“I have been eagerly waiting to show our revolutionary Fisker Ocean luxury SUV to the public, so we decided to debut the full prototype – reflecting the actual production vehicle – at CES 2020,” chief executive Henrik Fisker said in the announcement.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Like other Fiskers the styling is fantastic in my opinion. But it all comes down to the actual tech inside. Hopefully Fisker doesn't skimp out on the performance specs.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Fisker Ocean has finally made its debut. You can watch the full reveal here:

I'd love to see it in all white with a white roof or at least the roof sides in white.

Monotone could be what it needs.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'd love to see it in all white with a white roof or at least the roof sides in white.

Monotone could be what it needs.
If wonder if the roof sides are black on purpose help draw the sunlight to the solar roof.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If wonder if the roof sides are black on purpose help draw the sunlight to the solar roof.
Possible.
However, a lot of automakers that make vehicles with ICE powertrains do it to create a 'floating' roof design.
Maybe its to kill two birds with one stone?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Possible.
However, a lot of automakers that make vehicles with ICE powertrains do it to create a 'floating' roof design.
Maybe its to kill two birds with one stone?
I'd have to imagine it was intentionally done for both reasons, otherwise it's one heck of a coincidence.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts