Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivian looks competitive vs. the Ford XLT. A loaded XLT looks to be comparable to a R1T. F150 will win on bed dimensions (Tacoma sized camper won't fit on the R1T but will on the XLT) and on auxiliary power with Ford's 10kW. R1T will win on air adjustable suspension.

Ford's towing tech looks to be more advanced also.

R1T is smaller and better dual purpose metro/rural.

· Registered
157 Posts
I'd have to disagree with you slightly. I don't think XLT is the competitor to the R1T. I'd say the Lariat is a more accurate comparison.

R1T will definitely win on the off-road/performance side (as well as the adjustable suspension, while F150 will win on the practicality (e.g., size, bed dimensions). I think ultimately the only real similarity between the two is that they are trucks and electric. I imagine ultimately the target audience is different (R1T is for the off-roader/adventurer/camper/Patagonia-type; F150 is more for a person who likes the full-size truck, and uses it more for truck-purposes).

Towing tech on the Ford looks more advanced, but to be honest, I think anything other than really short-distance/local towing is still too much of a hassle with an EV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts