Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
239 Posts
That’s badass!

Reactions: Fpartida

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks pretty good. I’m actually thinking about updating my configuration to remove the premium paint color I selected with the thought that I could get the vehicle wrapped in a color of my exact liking with the added benefit of having the factory paint protected. Would anyone agree that would be a good idea? I don’t know a ton about vehicle wrapping.

Also, is anyone else kinda concerned that the color choice they selected may not appear as you thought it would in real life once your vehicle arrives? I wish Rivian had customer experience centers to allow physical viewing of colors and materials.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just know that wrapping a vehicle is expensive. Definitely more than the upgraded paint color. For a large truck or SUV I'd guess it would start at about $5k.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gotcha, I read somewhere the a good quality 3M Wrap on a truck could cost about ~2k, I guess that’s not right? Also, anyone know if wrapping actually does a good job protecting the factory applied paint color as often advertised?

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
239 Posts
Looks pretty good. I’m actually thinking about updating my configuration to remove the premium paint color I selected with the thought that I could get the vehicle wrapped in a color of my exact liking with the added benefit of having the factory paint protected. Would anyone agree that would be a good idea? I don’t know a ton about vehicle wrapping.

Also, is anyone else kinda concerned that the color choice they selected may not appear as you thought it would in real life once your vehicle arrives? I wish Rivian had customer experience centers to allow physical viewing of colors and materials.
You’ll want to get paint color as close to your wrap color as possible. There will be places that don’t get wrapped and still expose the original color.

supposedly we’ll be able to view and test drive before we finalize our orders. Given the variance I’m seeing between different pictures or renderings of the same colors, I definitely plan to take advantage of this.

Reactions: Fpartida

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would get that without hesitation. Especially coming from the El Cap Granite color that I have selected.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You’ll want to get paint color as close to your wrap color as possible. There will be places that don’t get wrapped and still expose the original color.

supposedly we’ll be able to view and test drive before we finalize our orders. Given the variance I’m seeing between different pictures or renderings of the same colors, I definitely plan to take advantage of this.
If the shop can't wrap everything you are in the wrong place.

·
Registered
33 Posts

I believe a wrap has to be removed after about 3 years or you could hurt the pain underneath. It kind of depends on how much you leave it out in the sun.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Wrapping is an option, it's gonna cost you about $4,000 and unless you have garage to park it in, it may only last you 2-4 years depending. I just got my Tesla Model Y in white, which was the standard paint, and I also am thinking about a color change wrap. This new color does look great. I ordered my R1T in Red Canyon with Ocean Coast interior. I have not seen one in red yet.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts