Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 MS 70D, Chevy Bolt, Yamaha T700
16 Posts
I like the white as well, seems clean and sharp. Having a late reservation, I'm guessing I'll have a chance to see some in the real world before I have to decide, currently going with blue.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the white as well, seems clean and sharp. Having a late reservation, I'm guessing I'll have a chance to see some in the real world before I have to decide, currently going with blue.
[/QUOTE]

We're going to work on a blue one soon! But so far white is our favorite. The blue seems to be a brighter blue as opposed to the deeper blues we tend to see in cars. Nice pop of color!

·
Registered
498 Posts
White is really great.. till you get rock chipped paint and the black electroplate/primer shows through. There is such a thing as white primer, too bad they don't use that for white vehicles.

I've had lots of color vehicles since I started driving in 1980 and all colors have some sort of down side. IMO, the "best" color is probably some sort of medium silver as rock chips down to the electroplate/primer aren't too noticeable, it's not too hot in the summer, doesn't show minor scratches/swirls in the clearcoat and is always somewhat in style and easy to resell unlike some of the trendy colors that are popular one day and out the next.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
That looks great. What level tint does it have all around?
Was there any other work done?
So the rear windows come with factory tinting and the owner won't really have passengers in the rear and isn't too worried about heat protection back there, so we tinted the two fronts with 15% ceramic tint and front windshield with an 80% which blocks out the heat and still provides great visibility. The 15% fronts will look darker from certain angles and time of day, but it will generally be a bit lighter because the light that is let in from the front windshield.

We actually ceramic coated the vehicle as well. So it's the paint is extra shiny and it will be easier to clean (which is great because they plan to take it out on their trips a lot.)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
White is really great.. till you get rock chipped paint and the black electroplate/primer shows through. There is such a thing as white primer, too bad they don't use that for white vehicles.

I've had lots of color vehicles since I started driving in 1980 and all colors have some sort of down side. IMO, the "best" color is probably some sort of medium silver as rock chips down to the electroplate/primer aren't too noticeable, it's not too hot in the summer, doesn't show minor scratches/swirls in the clear coat and is always somewhat in style and easy to resell unlike some of the trendy colors that are popular one day and out the next.
True! I think the color that tends to have the most issues in general is the black. The paint swirls are a nightmare and chips and fingerprints are super noticeable as well. It's super high maintenance, especially for me because I hate to see any marks on my car.

Depending on the car and how long you plan to keep it, there are some methods you can take to protect the paint, such as clear bra and ceramic coating. If it's a brand new car one plans to keep for the long run, investments like those are pretty viable options, especially with electric vehicles, since the paints seem to be more finicky than the rest, especially if they're made in California. But if it's a used car, or temporary car, investments like those can be held off until one purchases their long-term car.

I completely agree with silver almost charcoal being the best go to. You can get away with the swirls and chips because it sort of blends in a bit, depending on the severity and helps the car sell faster as you stated.

Personally, I like white or dark charcoal colored cars because they give off a more sleek look, while brighter colors I feel are a bit too eye-catching for my liking.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
So the rear windows come with factory tinting and the owner won't really have passengers in the rear and isn't too worried about heat protection back there, so we tinted the two fronts with 15% ceramic tint and front windshield with an 80% which blocks out the heat and still provides great visibility. The 15% fronts will look darker from certain angles and time of day, but it will generally be a bit lighter because the light that is let in from the front windshield.

We actually ceramic coated the cart as well. So it's the paint is extra shiny and it will be easier to clean (which is great because they plan to take it out on their trips a lot.)

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
What did you think of the paint quality?
Is there another automaker you would say the paint is similar to?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts