Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did you do & how much did it cost?
Hello!

We had the opportunity to tint the windows and apply PPF (paint protection film/clear bra) along with ceramic coating on this Rivian.

We used LLumar IRX for the window tint in 15% for the front windows, 40% for the rear windows, sunroof and rear glass, and LLumar AIR 80 for the front windshield.

The reason we went with different shades is because of the factory tint on the glass. In order to give the truck a more uniform look, we tinted the fronts darker and the rears lighter so they'd match. Regardless, the fronts will always look slightly lighter than the rears because of the amount of light let in through the front windshield. We tinted the front windshield with AIR 80 because it is a nearly clear film that does not take away from the visibility of the window but still blocks out heat and UV rays.

LLumar IRX is a nano-ceramic film that blocks heat and has a charcoal hue, and does not interfere with any electronics.

We applied LLumar Platinum Paint Protection film onto the front light. PPF helps protect against chips and light scratches. It is traditionally applied to the front bumper, but it depends on your preference.

Finally we applied Ceramic Pro ceramic coating on the entire vehicle.

Pricing varies on what type of tint you get as well as location and such.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

·
Registered
145 Posts
See many over tinted windows in violation of state codes meant to protect first responders and allow other motorists make eye contact. Most auto glass has the heat barrier included in the OEM glass to help with keeping the cabin cool.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See many over tinted windows in violation of state codes meant to protect first responders and allow other motorists make eye contact. Most auto glass has the heat barrier included in the OEM glass to help with keeping the cabin cool.
True. Each state has its own laws and we do not encourage tint beyond that. What's nice about aftermarket tint is that it protects you from UV rays and provides more heat protection than the glass itself. The tint also looks different depending on the angle and time of day. For example, although it looks dark in the photos above, in person, it is visible to see inside during the day.

·
Registered
405 Posts
From "recent photos" I can't even tell what the exact color looks like, let along whether the vehicle has ceramic coating. Like many, I'll have to see it in person to know if I like it. I have seen the Launch Green, and it's nice - just not a color I personally want. The above photos seem pretty accurate to me color-wise. And like the OP said, the color shift depending on the lighting. In strong sunlight it appears much lighter colored. The photos above were taken in the shade, which is how I would typically see it here in the Pacific Northwest.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Many of the R1T's in recent photos appear to have a ceramic coating.
It's a pretty nice investment along with paint protection film because it can help with the longevity of your paint and makes it easier to keep up with keeping the car clean, especially with how much exposure to the elements the R1t will get. It just depends on one to see if those options are something you'd consider for your car or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts