Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Rivian R1T is competing in the Rebelle Rally!

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  JimmyEV 
It turns out that the UI setup in the Rivian's competing were not at 100%:

“Is it a little late in the game for their UI to not be finished yet? The Rebelle Rally contestants said in an interview that they still had to jury-rig physical buttons and stuff in place of touchscreen UI controls because it wasn’t 100% yet. Not sure if it’s mostly there but just untested, or if all we’ve ever seen is demo mode UI. Has anybody actually seen video with what actually looks like functioning UI in a truck that’s actually outside and driving?”
My understanding was the vehicle Emme and Rebecca tested in the dunes prior to the start of the Rally was a very late version prototype. More advanced than the vehicles we see in The Long Way Up but still proto. As an example, I remember Emme mentioning in a podcast that ride height selection was not available in the UI for their test vehicle. The truck they are actually using for the rally is supposed to be the first off the production line and ride height adjustment is in the UI. That’s at least how I understood it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.