Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Rivian's latest update on their website they mentioned that R1T Launch Edition Deliveries are now planned to start in July and will be completed in Spring 2022.

DELIVERIES & DRIVES

This week, our Guides begin sending email introductions to R1T Launch Edition preorder holders. We’re so excited to start meeting you. This introduction email will include your Guide’s direct contact information and an invitation to set up a phone call to discuss your configuration and share your estimated delivery timing.

Launch Edition deliveries are now planned to start in July and be completed in spring 2022. All R1T and R1S Launch Edition preorder holders will hear from their Guide by the end of November with their expected delivery timing.

·
Registered
346 Posts
In Rivian's latest update on their website they mentioned that R1T Launch Edition Deliveries are now planned to start in July and will be completed in Spring 2022.

DELIVERIES & DRIVES

This week, our Guides begin sending email introductions to R1T Launch Edition preorder holders. We’re so excited to start meeting you. This introduction email will include your Guide’s direct contact information and an invitation to set up a phone call to discuss your configuration and share your estimated delivery timing.

Launch Edition deliveries are now planned to start in July and be completed in spring 2022. All R1T and R1S Launch Edition preorder holders will hear from their Guide by the end of November with their expected delivery timing.
While this is generally pretty positive news, reading between the lines seems to indicate that non-LE order holders will be waiting for a while. Whether that means after all LE deliveries (Spring of next year) is an open question, but makes some kind of sense: Rivian may want to work out both manufacturing and customer support issues with the LE before add a new model to the production (and delivery) mix.

Reading again between the lines seems to mean a wait until Rivian has delivered at least a tranche of 300 mi/Large battery pack vehicles before starting production of 400 mi/Mac Pack vehicles. That in turn may mean a wait until sometime in 2023. Rivian customer service told me that there would be an "announcement" about the Max Pack option "early in 2022", so 2023 delivery may be a realistic guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anyone in this forum actually receive an email? I have a Dec 13, 2018 R1S order and Feb 14, 2019 R1T order. Rivian support keeps telling me that customers with both R1T and R1S reservations will have first priority. I'm also about 15 miles from their Irvine, CA HQ... which I would suppose means there is delivery and maintenance support nearby. Have had both Launch Editions configured since the day they opened configurations...

But yet, still no word from a Rivian Guide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.