Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would be great to see actual testing taking place, sort of like what Range Rover does.
It would be a great marketing opportunity for Rivian to do stuff like this. I wonder if they can beat that Dragon Challenge time.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
134 Posts
A lot of Range Rover dealerships have man-made rock crawling courses you can test drive on. We did this before buying my wife’s Range Rover.

·
Registered
890 Posts
A lot of Range Rover dealerships have man-made rock crawling courses you can test drive on. We did this before buying my wife’s Range Rover.

I'm impressed its happening at the dealership level!

Rivian either needs to do something like that or arrange events that owners can go to.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Oh man I forgot about this! This could seal deal on a lot fo Rivian orders.

·
Registered
31 Posts

I remember going to a local Jeep dealer who had an off-road track. I was 18 and my best friend and I would test drive a new Jeep every week or two. LOL! They obviously knew we weren't going to buy one. I bet if we had damaged one, we would have. Not sure anything changed after 3 decades, I would still go "test drive" if a local dealer had fun places to go! I guess the only thing that changed is that there is a chance that I could buy the vehicle.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm impressed its happening at the dealership level!

Rivian either needs to do something like that or arrange events that owners can go to.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it was once said. So today the use of a SUV is many things to many people. Personally, a quiet park road to wind along in silence to enjoy the scenery and hear the sounds of the local environment is much more appealing. So even the tires should not pop and crack on the park road during our quiet time.

Test drives may be provided someday, somewhere, but not for the thousands of us who have ordered in good faith of being provided a vehicle which is much less harmful of the environment. We will be fortunate to be able to drive once or two around the parking lot before we sign the papers to close the deal. Then it is out into busy traffic created by so many ICE vehicles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts