1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All available equipment packages for the Rivian R1T and R1S can be found here:

Rivian R1T Equipment Packages

Launch Edition
We're celebrating our launch with this limited release of the Adventure Package.
Features
  • 300+ mile Large pack standard
  • Off-Road Upgrade with reinforced underbody shield, dual front bumper tow hooks and air compressor
  • Powered tonneau cover
  • Gear Guard
  • Rivian Elevation 360° audio
  • Natural-grained ash wood interior finishes
  • Perforated vegan leather seating with patterned stitching
  • Heated and ventilated seats
  • Driver and passenger lumbar adjustment
  • Compass Yellow interior accents
  • 100% recycled microfiber headliner
  • Chilewich floor mats
  • Priority delivery
  • Launch Edition interior badging
  • Special Launch Green paint color option
  • 20” All-Terrain or 22” Sport wheel upgrade included
Starting at $75,000
Deliveries start June 2021

Adventure
Maximum capability paired with a premium interior designed for adventure.
Features
  • Off-Road Upgrade with reinforced underbody shield, dual front bumper tow hooks and air compressor
  • Powered tonneau cover
  • Gear Guard
  • Chilewich floor mats
Starting at $75,000
Deliveries start Jan 2022

Explore
Ruggedly capable with a sport interior built for the elements.
Features
  • Manual tonneau cover
  • Standard surround sound
  • Matte black interior finishes
  • Vegan leather seating with performance stitching
  • Heated seats
  • Driver lumbar adjustment
  • Textile headliner
  • 100% recycled textile floor mats
Starting at $67,500

Rivian R1S Equipment Packages

Launch Edition
We're celebrating our launch with this limited release of the Adventure Package.
Features
  • Available with seven seat interior
  • Chilewich floor mats
  • Priority delivery
  • Launch Edition interior badging
  • Special Launch Green paint color option
  • 20” All-Terrain or 22” Sport wheel upgrade included
Starting at $77,500
Deliveries start August 2021

Adventure
Maximum capability paired with a premium interior designed for adventure.
Features
  • Available with five or seven seat interior
  • Chilewich floor mats
Starting at $77,500

Explore
Ruggedly capable with a sport interior built for the elements.
Features
  • Available with five or seven seat interior
  • Standard surround sound
  • Matte black interior finishes
  • Vegan leather seating with performance stitching
  • Heated seats
  • Driver lumbar adjustment
  • Textile headliner
  • 100% recycled textile floor mats
Starting at $70,000

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great info dump! Thanks!

I wonder what size wheels the other versions will get. 20-inch ATs are pretty damn bigg.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great info dump! Thanks!

I wonder what size wheels the other versions will get. 20-inch ATs are pretty damn bigg.
18-19-inch sized wheels will be what base R1T and R1S owners should expect. It can't be anything else from my visual observation here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Some other exciting news in the fine print on the site "After launch, we’ll announce the timing for a 250+ mile R1T"

Hopefully that one is in the $50k price range!

·
Registered
15 Posts
looks like i will be waiting until Jan 2022.. gotta have the +400mi 180kw pack.. suck.. but remain on deposit for both
I think it sucks that the Launch edition will not be available with the higher capacity battery. Normally, the highest-spec options are shipped first. I think we should let our voices be heard and "insist" on getting the higher capacity battery with the Launch edition --- or at least be able to upgrade to the higher capacity battery pack when available without loosing our shirts in the process.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it sucks that the Launch edition will not be available with the higher capacity battery. Normally, the highest-spec options are shipped first. I think we should let our voices be heard and "insist" on getting the higher capacity battery with the Launch edition --- or at least be able to upgrade to the higher capacity battery pack when available without loosing our shirts in the process.
for me here is the issue when it comes to a full transition to BEV from ICE.. My Ford Raptor gets ~525mi maybe a bit more occasionally on a full tank. I beat that sucker, don't take it easy on the truck, take it off the beaten path for work and run equipment off of it while at work sites, ect .. Rivian to date is the best option for me and my needs to kick the ICE bucket.. 400mi range, solar charging, spare battery add-on, ect .. all that actually will make a difference for me. So i can wait another yr if need be. I don't have to have the Launch Edition and all that means is paint color (basically). Trim Levels will remain once the 180kwh pack is available. My needs are obviously specific. Am i a little disappointed about today's news.. sure. Remain a loyal Ford/Raptor diehard until Rivian is ready to crank them 180 packs out finally

·
Registered
2 Posts
4 month extra wait for Canada 🇨🇦 😥
I’m pretty disappointed there’s no 180 pack on launch. People in rural areas and in colder climates need that extra range. I plan on towing the camper too so I’ll wait for the 180. Still makes zero sense not to have it at launch

·
Registered
17 Posts
I suspect one reason for the mid-sized (300+ mile) battery is that batteries are the limiting factor in EV builds. Where is Rivian sourcing their batteries? We know it's not Tesla. LOL.
The other thing is that Rivian thinks the mid-sized battery is a sweet spot. Great performance and sufficient range. When people have asked me what battery should they get when they buy a Tesla, I ALWAYS say get the biggest battery you can afford. Charging is faster and range is longer. Both are good things.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Count me among those who are disappointed that the 180 battery pack will not be offered in 2021. Appears the 180 pack r1s could be as late as mid 2022 or even later. Do you think voicing our disappointment will move up the time line?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd like to hear from a Rivian engineer (or someone knowledgable) if the 180kwh battery pack is just barely at the tipping point where it performance starts to decrease due to the weight of the pack in favor of range.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would the 2022 model be considered Gen 2? I know a lot of people are concerned about buying a Gen 1 model from a new company, so perhaps that is a plus to waiting until 2022?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Count me among those who are disappointed that the 180 battery pack will not be offered in 2021. Appears the 180 pack r1s could be as late as mid 2022 or even later. Do you think voicing our disappointment will move up the time line?
I doubt much could be done about the date You might have some luck in reaching out to Rivian.
Would you wait that long or move on to something else?

I'd like to hear from a Rivian engineer (or someone knowledgable) if the 180kwh battery pack is just barely at the tipping point where it performance starts to decrease due to the weight of the pack in favor of range.
If performance dips enough I wonder if people wanting that much range and power will just go for the Tri-Motor Cybertruck:

Tesla CyberTruck
Rivian R1T [180kWh]
Price$69,900Unknown.
Range500+ milesUp to 400 miles
Seating65
Motor Count34
Tow Capability14,000+ lbs.Up to 11,000 lbs.
Payload Capacity3,500 lbs.1,760 lbs.
Truck Bed Size6.5 ft. bed4.6 ft. bed
Approach Angle35 degrees34 degrees.
Departure Angle28 degrees.30 degrees.
Ground ClearanceUp to 16”Up to 14.1”
0-60<2.9 seconds3 seconds
Wading depthUnknown.Up to 3 feet
Width79.8”79.3”
Length231.7”217.1”
Cargo Capacity.100 cubic ft.Total: Unknown. But Gear Tunnel Volume is 12.4 cubic ft. and Front Trunk Volume is 11.1 cubic ft.
110V/220V outletBoth 110V and 220V.3, 110V outlet.
Top speed130 mph125 mph.
Built-in RampYes.No.
Built-in Tonneau CoverYes.Yes.
Air CompressorYes.Yes.
WheelbaseUnknown135.8 in
Full Glass RoofYes.Yes.
Quarter mile10.8 seconds.Unknown.
Curb WeightUnknown.5886 lbs.

Would the 2022 model be considered Gen 2? I know a lot of people are concerned about buying a Gen 1 model from a new company, so perhaps that is a plus to waiting until 2022?
Patience almost always pay off with completely new vehicles. Rivian did however say they will use a lot of industry proven parts. So we have that.

·
Registered
699 Posts
It's not unheard of for it to work. Ford fans pressured Ford to add a manual transmission to the offroad "Sasquatch" package. But since we're dealing with batteries that's probably not possible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another disappointment is the tiny bed. I've put up with a 5.5' bed in my Tundra Platinum for ten years and it's on the edge of unusable. A 4.6' bed is just way too short. I'm sure the Gear Tunnel is one of the main reasons. I'd like to know if there is more length above the tunnel to the inside of the tail gate.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a Toyota Tacoma pickup truck for a while and finally came to terms with the fact that my old honda pilot SUV could carry longer and wider cargo. With seats folded, certain SUVs can usually carry longer items (2x4s, drywall, etc.) than pick ups. Hence my R1S order. But I do think the R1T is very cool!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Every time I've considered buying a Tesla, I finally decided not to because of range. Most of my driving is around town, but about once a month a do a 330 mile drive in to the mountains, and the absolute last thing I want is for 5 hours to turn in to 6 hours. At least Tesla has one Super Charger station along that route, Rivian has none. Rivian's 400+ mile range was the biggest initial selling point for me, although they've announced a ton of cool features since then.

Having placed a pre-order for both the R1T and the R1S on day one, I'm super disappointed that the Launch edition is a watered down version and that my pre-orders are now useless since I'll have to wait until January 2022 (at the earliest).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts