Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Black Mountain, Forest Edge or Lunar Rock?

• Black Mountain

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Forest Edge

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Lunar Rock

Votes: 6 35.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Available on the Rivian R1T & R1S are 3 interior themes to choose from: Black Mountain, Forest Edge and Lunar Rock.
  • Black Mountain - To echo the power and resilience of nature, Black Mountain was designed with strong, innovative materials and versatility in mind.
  • Forest Edge - Forest Edge features pops of color and modern, adventure-proof textiles that bring the essence of the great outdoors inside.
  • Lunar Rock - The soft, grey tones of Lunar Rock inspire a sense of otherworldly comfort, to make each journey you take both rousing and restorative.
Which interior color option is everyone planning to go with?

Add you vote to the poll above!
Rivian_R1S_R1T_Interior_Color_Options_Themes_Black_Mountain_Forest_Edge_Lunar_Rock.jpg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Available on the Rivian R1T & R1S are 3 interior themes to choose from: Black Mountain, Forest Edge and Lunar Rock.
  • Black Mountain - To echo the power and resilience of nature, Black Mountain was designed with strong, innovative materials and versatility in mind.
  • Forest Edge - Forest Edge features pops of color and modern, adventure-proof textiles that bring the essence of the great outdoors inside.
  • Lunar Rock - The soft, grey tones of Lunar Rock inspire a sense of otherworldly comfort, to make each journey you take both rousing and restorative.
Which interior color option is everyone planning to go with?

Add you vote to the poll above!
View attachment 671
Not a lot of choice. Down south we do not care for black. The light colors, like "lunar rock," will show soil and stains very easy. So that leaves us with forest edge which will go well, I hope, with the forest green exterior we were favoring. Guess we will see our actual choices real soon as October approaches and there was "indications" that the Rivian selection system would be online "soon."

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a lot of choice. Down south we do not care for black. The light colors, like "lunar rock," will show soil and stains very easy. So that leaves us with forest edge which will go well, I hope, with the forest green exterior we were favoring. Guess we will see our actual choices real soon as October approaches and there was "indications" that the Rivian selection system would be online "soon."
Fair enough, Rivian could offer more but for a new automaker I think these are enough.

Apparently everyone that preordered will get exclusive early access to the Rivian configurator/build & price page. Then then public as sales officially begin.

Here's how Forest Edge (Green) looks, and IMO it goes well with the Green paint
Rivian-R1T-electrc-pickup-truck-interior-forest-edge-green.jpg

1600449619348.png

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fair enough, Rivian could offer more but for a new automaker I think these are enough.

Apparently everyone that preordered will get exclusive early access to the Rivian configurator/build & price page. Then then public as sales officially begin.

Here's how Forest Edge (Green) looks, and IMO it goes well with the Green paint
View attachment 673
View attachment 674
View attachment 675
Thanks for the pics, made deposit 19 months ago. Had hoped to be driving it by now. Live long and proper!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pics, made deposit 19 months ago. Had hoped to be driving it by now. Live long and proper!
Patience will pay off.
These Rivian's look well put together and I'm sure that sales numbers will prove how much everyone loves them. With that should come more options for us. So you might just get the interior options you're after.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My choice would be Lunar Rock interior with Black paint and black out everything, including the wheels. You gotta see it! Menacing!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Of these 3 Forest Green is the one for me. Not really interested in another black or grey car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So when is Rivian send us some updates? Color choices? options? I have been waiting since Nov 27th, 2018 and still have no idea what and when I got! C'mom Rivian! what is going on? when do we see our trucks/suv? It's been nearly 2 years, and I won't get delivery until June-Aug 2021? That would be 2yrs and 8 months! Please keep us informed. Elon has built 3 Giga Factories since I ordered mine. I was promised delivery at the end of 2019 when I placed my order! WTF!

·
Registered
15 Posts
So when is Rivian send us some updates? Color choices? options? I have been waiting since Nov 27th, 2018 and still have no idea what and when I got! C'mom Rivian! what is going on? when do we see our trucks/suv? It's been nearly 2 years, and I won't get delivery until June-Aug 2021? That would be 2yrs and 8 months! Please keep us informed. Elon has built 3 Giga Factories since I ordered mine. I was promised delivery at the end of 2019 when I placed my order! WTF!
Maybe you should contact Rivian directly and tell us what you hear. This is merely a forum to discuss Rivian, so while I feel your frustration, it's essentially falling on deaf ears.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You sir, are definitely an early adopter. I can’t imagine having waited that long already but good for you. Looking at the state of the industry right now and seeing that backorders are becoming more normal I expect the delivery date will be pushed back further and further.

The only saving grace is the competition to be the “first” to market with an ev pickup truck. And with Lordstown Motors’ Endurance pushing hard (even a spot with POTUS at the White House yesterday) it could push Rivian all the more.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone think there needs to be a couple more interior options from Rivian? Maybe one that has brown seats?
More options are always nice, however, I think they’re probably trying to keep it relatively simple for their first round of product offerings. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
More options are always nice, however, I think they’re probably trying to keep it relatively simple for their first round of product offerings. Just a guess though.
Exactly.

We all want more but Rivian can't. Being a new automaker is tough and the current options will leave more folks content.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When these R1T & R1T interior options were revealed at the New York International Auto Show, it was said that more options would become available. Yet, here we are, months later with the same old info. I'm disappointed.

On the bright side, Rivian has been slowly showing off new stuff.

Back in September they revealed that yellow/gold exterior color.
Before this month is out they might have something for us!

What other interior color combinations and materials should Rivian offer?

·
Registered
33 Posts
When these R1T & R1T interior options were revealed at the New York International Auto Show, it was said that more options would become available. Yet, here we are, months later with the same old info. I'm disappointed.

On the bright side, Rivian has been slowly showing off new stuff.

Back in September they revealed that yellow/gold exterior color.
Before this month is out they might have something for us!

What other interior color combinations and materials should Rivian offer?
Plus they mentioned 10 exterior colors which seems like a bit much for a new vehicle, but I guess they have to due to the price they are marketing.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Plus they mentioned 10 exterior colors which seems like a bit much for a new vehicle, but I guess they have to due to the price they are marketing.
They also have to consider the current which is FULL of options like that.
I would say its a smart move because its an easy way to win buyers, but comes at the cost of extra logistics.
There's also lots of long term ROI to gain from it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts