Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Can't wait to see the R1T taking on the dunes as this should be a good test of its abilities (if they push it)

·
Registered
210 Posts
In her Facebook post told someone this was in Glamis, California. It's right near the Algodones Dunes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Who knows. It’s not visible on any of the other R1T photos I’ve seen. I wonder if it’s a specific requirement for Rebelle. I hope not. I like it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice job pointing that out @CO-Adventurer! I've never seen that either. Seems like something that will be added to the production model to meet regulations.
The two R1T that were in the Long Way Out have the reflector because if you want to drive the car legally you have to have the reflector as the US regulations, I hope they can add the reflector to the side bar.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The two R1T that were in the Long Way Out have the reflector because if you want to drive the car legally you have to have the reflector as the US regulations, I hope they can add the reflector to the side bar.
It would be something that's easy enough to change but my guess is that is where it's going to be on the production model.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found a couple of more photos, one of each design for the R1T.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I watched the YouTube stream last night. If you’re going to watch to catch a glimpse of the Rivian it doesn’t show up until almost the end of the show.

Not being familiar with this rally previously it looks like the team driving and navigating the Rivian are well experienced having won the event previously.

What’s everyone’s guess on how the Rivian team will do?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hard to say since its the winner it's not necessarily dependent on the vehicle, but mainly on the navigator.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I watched the YouTube stream last night. If you’re going to watch to catch a glimpse of the Rivian it doesn’t show up until almost the end of the show.

Not being familiar with this rally previously it looks like the team driving and navigating the Rivian are well experienced having won the event previously.

What’s everyone’s guess on how the Rivian team will do?
They do seem to have one of the more experienced teams which is great to see. I wouldn't have expected them to hand the keys to an amateur team.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After 2 days of competition Team Rivian is in 1st Place!!!

Also, expect a review from Emme at the end of the rally, and some videos from Rivian.
Team Killer Watt - #140 (Emme Hall/Rebecca Donaghe) capitalized on the situation to take the win in 4x4 on Stage 2 and move atop the overall standings. Despite the pressure of being followed by a full production crew to document their rally piloting the Rivian R1T, Team Killer Watt maintained their cool to edge out Team Blondetourage - #125 (Kaleigh Miller/Teralin Petereit) on Stage 2." - from Rebelle Rally's FB page today

1 - 20 of 48 Posts