Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Rivian R1T Rebelle Rally

9K views 51 replies 15 participants last post by  ERivTruck 
#1 ·
Emme Hall shared a couple of photos of the R1T with a new wrap/paint job at some dunes. This seems like it's going to be the truck she'll drive at the Rebelle Rally.

See less See more
#13 ·
I watched the YouTube stream last night. If you’re going to watch to catch a glimpse of the Rivian it doesn’t show up until almost the end of the show.

Not being familiar with this rally previously it looks like the team driving and navigating the Rivian are well experienced having won the event previously.

What’s everyone’s guess on how the Rivian team will do?

#16 ·
I watched the YouTube stream last night. If you’re going to watch to catch a glimpse of the Rivian it doesn’t show up until almost the end of the show.

Not being familiar with this rally previously it looks like the team driving and navigating the Rivian are well experienced having won the event previously.

What’s everyone’s guess on how the Rivian team will do?
They do seem to have one of the more experienced teams which is great to see. I wouldn't have expected them to hand the keys to an amateur team.

#19 ·
Also, expect a review from Emme at the end of the rally, and some videos from Rivian.
Team Killer Watt - #140 (Emme Hall/Rebecca Donaghe) capitalized on the situation to take the win in 4x4 on Stage 2 and move atop the overall standings. Despite the pressure of being followed by a full production crew to document their rally piloting the Rivian R1T, Team Killer Watt maintained their cool to edge out Team Blondetourage - #125 (Kaleigh Miller/Teralin Petereit) on Stage 2." - from Rebelle Rally's FB page today

#25 ·
The Rebelle Coverage team has talked to them a few times, seems like they are doing well. So far no issues have been mentioned about the vehicle. They have been taking the charging window they have been given every day and have not yet run out of juice. They have a charging dispensation where they get one chance to stop at a specified location for up to 1.5 hours to charge. They have to separate so they can't take additional time to strategize as a team. From watching the tracker online, I haven't seen them take the full 1.5 hours yet. I also have not seen them struggling to keep up, so it looks like it is working fine.

One additional benefit that has come out of the EVs being there is that the Truck they are using for charging is being used for ALL power at the base camp. So, no generators running all night, so the crews and other competitors have been liking having it around. On board that rig is a bunch of batteries, solar panels and a hydrogen fuel cell generator. :) For the Rivian it is putting out up to 175 KW for charging, plus enough power for the entire camp.

#26 ·
I’ve tuned in for a few of the YouTube live broadcasts; I’m guessing there is an agreement with Rivian to limit the exposure of the vehicle being that Rivian is following the team with their own production crew. Can’t wait to see some of the footage and hear from Emme on the performance of the R1T!

#30 ·
Last night there was a short video on the Rebelle Rally instagram that showed Emma talking about a bit of damage on the truck. Apparently, she was pushing in too hard to make a checkpoint and tore off the rear inner fender liners. Oops.. :) If this ends up being the only problems they have with the actual truck, I would be more than OK with that :)

#31 ·
Last night there was a short video on the Rebelle Rally instagram that showed Emma talking about a bit of damage on the truck. Apparently, she was pushing in too hard to make a checkpoint and tore off the rear inner fender liners. Oops.. :) If this ends up being the only problems they have with the actual truck, I would be more than OK with that :)
Yea, I saw that video and I agree with you. They’ve been pushing it hard all week, so to walk away with that really being the only damage I’m pumped.

#34 ·
No doubt, there is def going to be a video from Rivian about the rally since they are following them with a crew. I imagine that Emme and Rebecca are a bit annoyed of getting followed too lol. I'm also hoping for a full review from Emme [ without Rivian on her back] since she is known for putting up good reviews and she's been embargoed to talk about the driving experience until the end of the rally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.