Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rivian has posted on their website that the R1T will come with an "open-air removable roof option" that will be offered in mid-2022.

I wonder if the Hummer's removable roof prompted them to do this.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Rivian has posted on their website that the R1T will come with an "open-air removable roof option" that will be offered in mid-2022.

I wonder if the Hummer's removable roof prompted them to do this.

View attachment 1923
I think it was always in their plan like the long range batteries just did not make the launch edition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wonder if they will offer the ability to affix the removable panels in the bed or the frunk like the Hummer.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Wonder if they will offer the ability to affix the removable panels in the bed or the frunk like the Hummer.
Which would you prefer to store the panels?

IMO, bed seems ideal as the frunk could be more for everyday items.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would prefer the bed so it leaves the frunk open for coolers, etc. Although, if it would fit in the frunk, I would not complain. I feel like it would depend on whether they split into two or four panels.

·
Registered
GMC Sierra, Bolt, Sky, Mach E
230 Posts
I asked CS this question many months ago and they stated it would not fit in the frunk. Having it flopping around in the bed does not seem ideal, so they would need to come up with some way to tie it down. And how would the R1S be handled, seems the rear seats would have to be folded down. The Hummer frunk is specifically designed to hold the roof panels in a secure manner in a tight stack. It works the same for the SUT or the SUV version. The Hummer frunk also offers a much lower entry point with no reach over needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m definitely tempted to wait for this option since I am not an LE customer. In theory, both my Hummer and R1T reservation would come up around the same time and I will need to choose between the two. My guess is the pricing will end up being similar too since Hummer has the 350+ range, and it would take another $10k for R1T max pack and and whatever the removable roof plus affixing accessory would cost. So, mid-2022 it will be for me. I’m just hoping we get to see the removable roof as a prototype in action and also understand the cost difference by end of this year.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Eh, not a deal breaker for me. If you all want to cancel your 2021 LE reservations and move onto waiting for this feature, I'll be happy to jump up in the reservation line! :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am just wondering if release is getting pushed back if that also includes removable top… it would seem that launch edition might span into this timeframe anyway

1 - 14 of 14 Posts