Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to this video the more expensive model will come out first, followed by the lower end trim levels.

That seems to make sense to me. Tesla does it. Heck, pretty much every OEM does this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, for breaking news, his anonymous informant really didn’t tell us anything new.

when I talked to Rivian last week they said their goal was to get product to the people who Pre-ordered. I am sure they will do the most expensive first, but until we all know actual pricing, we don’t really know how many top end orders there will be.

If they are really over $100k, I bet a lot of people will wait for CT, Ford, or Chevy.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yeah, for breaking news, his anonymous informant really didn’t tell us anything new.

when I talked to Rivian last week they said their goal was to get product to the people who Pre-ordered. I am sure they will do the most expensive first, but until we all know actual pricing, we don’t really know how many top end orders there will be.

If they are really over $100k, I bet a lot of people will wait for CT, Ford, or Chevy.
I don't see them going that high, even fully loaded. But if they are over $100k like Bollinger then they're going to have a rough time selling them.

As for the video, selling the top trim levels make sense, you want the first cars out to the fully loaded ones. But overall this is disappointing for breaking news.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sure wish they could give us more info on where we stand. I know it's kinda like a kid waiting for Christmas morning...so guess we just need to suck it up. Patience is a virtue, right? I reserved (late?) in Feb 2019 and would like to know what number I am in line...is that too much to ask? I just looked at my pre-order reservation but I don't recall specifying which size I wanted and it is not disclosed on the reservation page. I may have specified but that was 17 months ago and I don't recall. Is there a login page in addition to the order page (linked from the email)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts