Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
184 Posts
They’re not even with each other and we’re looking at them from an angle. I can’t really draw any meaningful conclusions from this picture.
I think I can tell the difference is not big. Even with all you said, it would show up if one of them was much smaller.

·
Registered
73 Posts
well .. it is good to see Rivian put their pre-production R1Ts for lots of testing.. makes me confident in the product and company and my reservations for the R1T and R1S. As for this pic.. its at an angle & trucks aren't side by side so there is not much to go by for comparison.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an F150 that is a little newer than the one in the pic... per Rivian specs, the R1T is essentially the same width and height as my '14 F150, but the R1T is about 12" - 13" shorter in length than my F150. Both are crew cabs, short bed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Whipped this one up, grabbed the best sideview images I could find. Verified scale and dimensions in my AutoCAD. Enjoy!!!

View attachment 1409 View attachment 1410 View attachment 1411 View attachment 1412
Perfect replication done by an Auto CAD program. The Rivian is in between the Tundra and Tacoma size?? Maybe you can show that comparison. Anyway thanks for the CAD comparison because that is the best example to show the size difference from a picture perspective.

·
Registered
564 Posts
That tacoma comparison makes me nervous. The Tacoma is absolutely way too small for my needs (interior cabin). I need the R1T to be more full-size than mid-size.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ask and you shall receive... @KenJ & @Ticarterdaniell comparisons added to post #9
Thanks for the comparison!!
It is closer to the Tacoma and the Canyon, yet the R1T is a good 6" Longer!
Also, looking at the measurements, there is definitely more cabin room from overall length (6" longer), plus the bed length is an additional 6" shorter than the other vehicles, so that is a total of 12", which could be part of the interior. The front end makes it look like the interior will be a decent size bigger than either one of those vehicles. Again, FirstState, you are first-rate; I had lived in Middletown, DE, a long time ago. Thanks again for the great comparison!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That Tacoma comparison makes me nervous. The Tacoma is absolutely way too small for my needs (interior cabin). I need the R1T to be more full-size than mid-size.
As I posted above, there is a possibility for 12" of additional room in the cabin, or some may go to the front end of the vehicle. I would guess it is part of the Interior and the gear tunnel. I am sure the back seats are on top of the Gear tunnel allowing for the extra interior size. I think this is going to be a very nice interior size. Anyway, just my thoughts from what I can see. Maybe others who have seen it in real life can comment.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Whipped this one up, grabbed the best sideview images I could find. Verified scale and dimensions in my AutoCAD. Enjoy!!!

View attachment 1409 View attachment 1410 View attachment 1411 View attachment 1412 View attachment 1443 View attachment 1445 View attachment 1444
Excellent! Are you able to compare the R1S to the Range Rover Sport?

Perfect replication done by an Auto CAD program. The Rivian is in between the Tundra and Tacoma size?? Maybe you can show that comparison. Anyway thanks for the CAD comparison because that is the best example to show the size difference from a picture perspective.
An in-between model definitely seems to be what the Rivian R1T is from my observations.
What were your initial expectations of its size? Because I these confirm mine were right all along.

Great illustration, would be nice to see compared to new Frontier and mid sized GMC, but only if you have the time!;)

u
Welcome @Ticarterdaniell.
I was thinking an R1T vs Canyon Crew Cab should be interesting.

·
Registered
167 Posts
That tacoma comparison makes me nervous. The Tacoma is absolutely way too small for my needs (interior cabin). I need the R1T to be more full-size than mid-size.
You might want to wait until you can sit in one
There have been very few people who have
Maybe reach out to people who have
There was a person on YouTube that was 6'3" or something like that and he said he was very comfortable
But yeah I don't think this is a giant cabin

1 - 20 of 41 Posts