Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I'm a march 2019 preorder in Raleigh, NC and had my first guide contact on Tuesday. We locked down my configuration and I immediately had a Preliminary buyer's agreement in my email inbox. I signed it and then realized there was no mention of the skid plate. I then reached back out to the guide and she said it was a $2k option. I then decided to add the $2k skid plate. I am now waiting to be matched with another VIN and a new Preliminary Buyer's Agreement. Pictures of the $2k skid plate and the standard skid plate are nowhere to be found... Has anyone else gotten the skid plate option that can share some pictures of it? Also does anyone have pictures of the standard skid plate for comparison?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi All! I'm a march 2019 preorder in Raleigh, NC and had my first guide contact on Tuesday. We locked down my configuration and I immediately had a Preliminary buyer's agreement in my email inbox. I signed it and then realized there was no mention of the skid plate. I then reached back out to the guide and she said it was a $2k option. I then decided to add the $2k skid plate. I am now waiting to be matched with another VIN and a new Preliminary Buyer's Agreement. Pictures of the $2k skid plate and the standard skid plate are nowhere to be found... Has anyone else gotten the skid plate option that can share some pictures of it? Also does anyone have pictures of the standard skid plate for comparison?
I don't think you can tell with or without underbody shield. Your guide should be able to confirm that. Also if you are not doing any hardcore off-roading then you don't need it and can save some money. My only reason for getting that before was for the hooks, as I liked that look but now you can get hooks for only $300 and don't need underbody shield to have it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't think you can tell with or without underbody shield. Your guide should be able to confirm that. Also if you are not doing any hardcore off-roading then you don't need it and can save some money. My only reason for getting that before was for the hooks, as I liked that look but now you can get hooks for only $300 and don't need underbody shield to have it.
Hello just returned from an Earth Day Event in Charlotte NC where there where 3 R1T's displayed and my first time seeing the trucks in person...sooo cool! I too wondered the difference between the full underbody shield and the non-shielded truck. Looking under the truck I can say the non-shielded truck had very few voids in it's underbody. If you are not going to be doing off road stuff then you probably don't need the shield. That said I'm a reservation holder since December 2019 and over time the tows hooks (a must for looks) was tied to the underbody shield so my configuration has the shield. Had my first guide conversation a week ago, signed Preliminary Buyer's Order and now I wait...some more!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts