Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
The R1T will come with a full size spare if your state mandates it. Otherwise you would need to buy a spare.
Same for the R1S, except that it will not be a full size spare tire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
WA allows the sale of vehicles such as the Leaf that do not have spare tires so I assume that I will have to buy one...hopefully not, though. I have not seen an option to add a spare to my current configuration. Should I expect to see that come up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do believe that some foreign cars come with a can of fix-o-flat and a compressor.
Since one of the add-on packages adds a compressor to the Truck, maybe that is the route they were thinking. Guess that is ok unless you have a big blowout.
But then again, if I am paying over $60,000 for a vehicle, I kind of expect a reasonable spare tire.

IF it is a full size spare, will it be on matching rims? So, then you can rotate it into the mix of tires. Remember those good ole days? :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn't buy any vehicle without a spare...I have a Kia Niro EV with a donut spare (the r1t will be my 2nd EV). One of the key factors was that the Kia had the spare as an option. Even then, always go full size if you can. I once had to do 100+ interstate highway miles with significant up and down on a 'donut'...emergency blinkers going...restricted speed in the slow lane. White knuckle for sure.

·
Registered
491 Posts
The R1T will come with a full size spare if your state mandates it. Otherwise you would need to buy a spare.
Same for the R1S, except that it will not be a full size spare tire.
Does anyone know if a full size spare can fit in the R1S?
I plan on driving long distance and doubt a donut spare will be ideal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know if a full size spare can fit in the R1S?
I plan on driving long distance and doubt a donut spare will be ideal.
Seriously ask about this. Having to drive on an interstate in the slow lane down hill with trucks passing you because you are speed limited is not an experience that you want to have...If they let you without loosing your place in the pre-order, consider moving to the R1T for the spare option unless you really need the extra seats. I do know that sometimes a full size will fit even when the default is donut...saw this on an older Honda Ridgeline.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts