Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice catch! With what little we know about production numbers, and certainly some speculation, it seems like very few people are going to see their Rivians in 2021. This brings the Cybertruck into play. With Gigafactory in Austin moving along very fast, Tesla may bring more trucks to the market late in 2021 than Rivian?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice catch! With what little we know about production numbers, and certainly some speculation, it seems like very few people are going to see their Rivians in 2021. This brings the Cybertruck into play. With Gigafactory in Austin moving along very fast, Tesla may bring more trucks to the market late in 2021 than Rivian?
Recent reports suggest the Cybertruck won't arrive before 2022. So Rivian could have a slight lead.

Another spotting in Bloomington, Illinois. This time at the parking lot of the local Green Top Grocery.
rivian-r1t-spotted-03.jpg

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
95 Posts
The CyberTruck design looks ridiculous. I would also question Tesla moving anything out quickly considering the quality issues they have had. I hope they both come out and are successful though, the more EVs out there the better.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
148 Posts
Is this the launch green color of the launch edition?

I wish I could get the R1T, but likely I will have to go with the R1S. It is still awesome, but the truck is something else.
Recent reports suggest the Cybertruck won't arrive before 2022. So Rivian could have a slight lead.

Another spotting in Bloomington, Illinois. This time at the parking lot of the local Green Top Grocery.
View attachment 1066

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Sultanum it sure looks like a launch color.
The first two pictures represent it accurately (compare to my profile pic)

The CyberTruck design looks ridiculous. I would also question Tesla moving anything out quickly considering the quality issues they have had. I hope they both come out and are successful though, the more EVs out there the better.
At $40,000 the audience it will target won't care much about the odd design.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah I really don't even want a $40,000 Cybertruck. To equal the Rivian, you need to spend about $70K or more for the Cybertruck. Still awesome, and I also have a deposit on one.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Only into play if you want a Cybertruck. lol.
I get your point though, but the Rivian is just so stunning!

·
Registered
135 Posts
@Sultanum it sure looks like a launch color.
The first two pictures represent it accurately (compare to my profile pic)

At $40,000 the audience it will target won't care much about the odd design.
I suspect the actual $40,000 Cybertruck will be de-spec'd to the point where nobody really wants it.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
148 Posts
I suspect the actual $40,000 Cybertruck will be de-spec'd to the point where nobody really wants it.
I don't know. My plan is to get the R1S to be my wife's family car and then get the 40k cybertruck for me to do daily commute and some home improvements projects. It would not fit my budget to pay more than 40k on a second car that would be basically a work/commuting truck. And I wouldn't mind the basic specs for that.

The only thing going against my plan is that my wife wants a minivan🙁

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Victerry - You say ”what little we know...” - question - what DO we know about the production numbers??

·
Registered
22 Posts
THE PICS FROM *EHAULER HAVE PUT MY MIND AT EASE; I HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHAT A FRONT PLATE MIGHT LOOK LIKE ON THE R1T... NOT BAD ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Seriously quick trigger finger to get that shot COMING TOWARD YOU! Nice.
IMO, when it looks like nothing else on the road and can be spotted from a mile away, you have a lot of time. It made every vehicle around it on that road look decades older.

THE PICS FROM *EHAULER HAVE PUT MY MIND AT EASE; I HAVE BEEN WONDERING WHAT A FRONT PLATE MIGHT LOOK LIKE ON THE R1T... NOT BAD ALL THINGS CONSIDERED.
Likewise. It blends in well with the lower part of the bumper.
How do you like the rear mount?

·
Registered
22 Posts
IMO, when it looks like nothing else on the road and can be spotted from a mile away, you have a lot of time. It made every vehicle around it on that road look decades older.

Likewise. It blends in well with the lower part of the bumper.
How do you like the rear mount?
I AGREE THAT THE LOOK OF THE R1T IS UNIQUE, AND I THINK THE REAR LICENSE PLATE TUCKS IN WELL. NOT HAVING SEEN AN R1T IN PERSON, I FIND THE STYLING AND TRIM PROPORTIONS OF THE R1T DECEIVING IN PHOTOS AND VIDEOS. IT LOOKS SMALLER AND SLEEKER THAN MY F-150, BUT THE WIDTH AND HEIGHT OF THE TRUCKS ARE VIRTUALLY THE SAME. THE R1T IS ABOUT A FOOT SHORTER. PERFECT FOR MY ADVENTURES...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I AGREE THAT THE LOOK OF THE R1T IS UNIQUE, AND I THINK THE REAR LICENSE PLATE TUCKS IN WELL. NOT HAVING SEEN AN R1T IN PERSON, I FIND THE STYLING AND TRIM PROPORTIONS OF THE R1T DECEIVING IN PHOTOS AND VIDEOS. IT LOOKS SMALLER AND SLEEKER THAN MY F-150, BUT THE WIDTH AND HEIGHT OF THE TRUCKS ARE VIRTUALLY THE SAME. THE R1T IS ABOUT A FOOT SHORTER. PERFECT FOR MY ADVENTURES...
I'm thinking the sleeker headlight and tail light setup might have something to do with it seeming smaller. Actual height measurements put the R1T a couple inches shorter than the F-150.

·
Registered
33 Posts

View attachment 1066
The dude in the back looks so helpless. They should have cracked the window for him....maybe left him a bowl with water?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dude in the back looks so helpless. They should have cracked the window for him....maybe left him a bowl with water?
I'm just thankful that he's giving some intel on what rear passenger space is like :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts