Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I didn't realize that the R1T's being in Guatemala means that they're half way through their trip for "The Long Way Up."

In fact, there are two R1T units on this adventure: a white and a gray one. Even Rivian has shown them in action at this enterprise, as the video below shows.

These units have important changes from the first prototype that the company presented. For example, it has two charging ports instead of one. They are on both sides of the pickup truck. The rear doors also do not have fixed windows. The glasses retract entirely inside the doors.

We are not sure when the crew and the R1T units will reach Los Angeles, but it should not take much longer. The smallest distance between Guatemala City and Los Angeles is 2,674 miles.

They have already run about 7,600 mi from Ushuaia to Guatemala City, which indicates the trip will probably not take longer than a few more weeks to end. Probably before Christmas, so that McGregor and his team are able to celebrate it with their families.
http://instagr.am/p/B5ENrYQheQe/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I may be wrong, but to me it looks like this one is a bit dinged up ... some scrapes and damage to the plastic fender right behind the wheel (?) - unless that’s just water marks - and watching the video, there appears to be some minor dents in the door(?). Perhaps that front panel just fell off if it hit something(?)
View attachment 1229
View attachment 1230
At the very least it looks like it scraped against something. I'm sure their testing is rigorous but this might be human error lol.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
If I remember correctly, the new regulation requires it even when standing still if the vehicle is not in 'park'.
I am fine with the sound. It is better than the Amazon van. :)
I think the big question is how much can you hear it from inside the vehicle because when I am driving I could care less what the people on the outside are hearing. :) :)
Hmmm on second thought. I guess I care when the windows are rolled down.
I didn't notice it either until you pointed it out. My guess is that we won't be able to hear it from inside the cabin. Maybe it'll be something that can be turned on/off.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts