Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
21 - 40 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
All vehicles with CCS ports have covers for the DC plugs, you leave it covered when charging on L2. If you are charging on L2 in rain, you do not want water getting in there.
I assume there's a contactor on the DCFC circuit, so water shouldn't be a problem, anyway... Although they still probably want to keep contamination out of the connector to avoid corrosion or physical obstruciton.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts
Anyone know what's behind the mesh pattern covered part where the headlight and fender meet?
View attachment 1227
The charging port. Most trucks have this covered with matching body panel, and speculation is that will be the case for actual production deliveries.

·
Registered
839 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I may be wrong, but to me it looks like this one is a bit dinged up ... some scrapes and damage to the plastic fender right behind the wheel (?) - unless that’s just water marks - and watching the video, there appears to be some minor dents in the door(?). Perhaps that front panel just fell off if it hit something(?)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I may be wrong, but to me it looks like this one is a bit dinged up ... some scrapes and damage to the plastic fender right behind the wheel (?) - unless that’s just water marks - and watching the video, there appears to be some minor dents in the door(?). Perhaps that front panel just fell off if it hit something(?)
View attachment 1229
View attachment 1230
At the very least it looks like it scraped against something. I'm sure their testing is rigorous but this might be human error lol.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
View attachment 1229
View attachment 1230
I'm thinking those are battle scars from rigorous off-road testing.

A not so cool possibility is it was scraped on some parking garage pillar or something.

Anyone know what it might cost to replace that black fender trim?

21 - 40 of 211 Posts