Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice find @R99, too bad we can't hear what it sounds like.
What could be heard was likely the Ford Transit cargo van behind it.
There is a lot of discussion going on about the video posted in #40.
The sound being made when the guy gets close to it is the R1T. When the R1T starts moving, the pitch of the sound changes.
If you listen carefully, right before it comes into view, you can hear the Van's engine noise separately.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
There is a lot of discussion going on about the video posted in #40.
The sound being made when the guy gets close to it is the R1T. When the R1T starts moving, the pitch of the sound changes.
If you listen carefully, right before it comes into view, you can hear the Van's engine noise separately.
Noticing it now.
Interesting how it creates a sound you'd expect from an ICE car. Nearly every other EV is dead quiet at a stand still. Then begins to sound like a spaceship as they get off the line. Do you like it? Because I'm not sure if I do.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Noticing it now.
Interesting how it creates a sound you'd expect from an ICE car. Nearly every other EV is dead quiet at a stand still. Then begins to sound like a spaceship as they get off the line. Do you like it? Because I'm not sure if I do.
If I remember correctly, the new regulation requires it even when standing still if the vehicle is not in 'park'.
I am fine with the sound. It is better than the Amazon van. :)
I think the big question is how much can you hear it from inside the vehicle because when I am driving I could care less what the people on the outside are hearing. :) :)
Hmmm on second thought. I guess I care when the windows are rolled down.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts
Definitely ID sticker in the one in front. Couldn’t tell what state for the one in rear.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
If I remember correctly, the new regulation requires it even when standing still if the vehicle is not in 'park'.
I am fine with the sound. It is better than the Amazon van. :)
I think the big question is how much can you hear it from inside the vehicle because when I am driving I could care less what the people on the outside are hearing. :) :)
Hmmm on second thought. I guess I care when the windows are rolled down.
I didn't notice it either until you pointed it out. My guess is that we won't be able to hear it from inside the cabin. Maybe it'll be something that can be turned on/off.

41 - 60 of 211 Posts