Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
A R1T has been seen driving in South Korea. Maybe it's one of the next markets Rivian will sell in?

http://instagr.am/p/CL5YYvWl5E2/
View attachment 1569 View attachment 1570 View attachment 1571
Interesting to see this prototype in South Korea weeks after LG Chem rumors.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Interesting to see this prototype in South Korea weeks after LG Chem rumors.
That could be a clue of where they're getting the batteries from. Or maybe South Korea is going to be one of the next markets they plan to expand to?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
That could be a clue of where they're getting the batteries from. Or maybe South Korea is going to be one of the next markets they plan to expand to?
I think both.
On the sales side, Tesla thinks its a lucrative enough market to sell the Model Y.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Great to finally see what the R1T roof rack. Haven't noticed it on any other preproduction models or prototypes. Anyone know what's on the drivers side of the rack?
Maybe Lidar? I could not make out what it was.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Great to finally see what the R1T roof rack. Haven't noticed it on any other preproduction models or prototypes. Anyone know what's on the drivers side of the rack?
It looks like there are two sensor packs up there. They look like what was on top of the blue R1T in the winter testing video, but with a different mount.
Not sure what sensor(s) would be in there. Maybe GPS.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #99

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Maybe Lidar? I could not make out what it was.
It very well may be and these photos I shared in another thread gives a better look at them.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts