Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Yes, I have owned all of them, both hitch and rack mounts with trays. You will be hard-pressed to beat a 1-up if your buying, but they aren't cheap. I built the current rack for the bed of my truck myself (because I like building things), but I will have the 1-up on the Rivan when I need bed space, or simply hang a tailgate guard for MTB's and fatbikes when I don't.
How user friendly have you found the 1up rack to be versus ones from Thule and other brands?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
I think these 2 videos tell the story well:
(second video shows how user friendly it is)
Those are very helpful. Thanks!

Everything about the 1up rack checks out to me.
Only downside is the design which should look better on the R1T or R1S than it does on smaller passenger vehicles.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Vehicles with air suspension allow the driver to select different modes. 1 mode for HWY driving (or "dynamic" mode for performance, for example) would allow the vehicle to sit at a lower stance. Same for an "eco"-type mode on the HWY for example. When not driving, you can set your profile to lower automatically when parked. This can also make for easier ingress / egress. I have no idea what Rivian has planned, but since these configs and selections have been around for years, and you can likely create different driver "profiles" for users, this would be fairly low-bar for Rivian to enable at launch with Air Suspension.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tesla has a suspension height adjustment that can be triggered by GPS or speed. For instance, my driveway has an awkward approach so I have it set to raise to high as I near my house. Once I get above a certain speed, it drops down to normal height and then I can set a highway speed to trigger very low mode for less drag. So yes, makes sense for Rivian to have something similar. I hope it has GPS triggers as well as speed.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
307 Posts
I wonder if those Rivian Yellow parking meter covers come with the truck? They could come in quite handy. 😂

121 - 134 of 134 Posts