Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
This R1T test vehicle got stuck in the snow recently. It was so bad that a group of people had to push it with the help of recover boards. My guess is this happened while doing some extreme testing.
View attachment 1348
I like that Rivian isn't taking it easy on their prototypes. I wonder if everyone pushing are Rivian employees or they had to ask some strangers "Hey! Can you guys help us push a prototype truck out of the snow?" lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My father's definition of a 4WD was a vehicle that got you stuck in a more inaccessible location. Over the years that has proven itself as a very true statement. I suspect that will also be true for EV like Rivian with 4 motors...at least the weight will be more evenly distributed from the front to rear than a ICE pickup truck!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My father's definition of a 4WD was a vehicle that got you stuck in a more inaccessible location. Over the years that has proven itself as a very true statement. I suspect that will also be true for EV like Rivian with 4 motors...at least the weight will be more evenly distributed from the front to rear than a ICE pickup truck!
Tires are also important and with right type that Rivian prototype might have got through.

Can anyone tell if the tread pattern on the R1T above are from the winter set?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts