Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YouTuber Dominic Wilbrink came across a R1T prototype at an Electrify America charging station and was able to get a look underneath and above the truck (with a drone) before the tester spotted him.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Great to see we get full undercarriage (composite?) protection.
Could that middle part with the holes be for feeding air to the battery?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wish he would have looked at the charge rate and battery percentage on the EA charger. He stated they were there for 2 hours, which is an indication of a really slow charge rate, maybe due to the cold weather.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They are probably also doing testing of the charging algorithms and/or gathering data about the full charge curve (perhaps even intentionally charging from near 0 to 100%). The driver may also have just been doing something and not ready to leave. I wouldn't read too much into the time they spent on the charger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome @coryofthenorth.
I see you are upgrading from a Subaru Outback. The R1S will be a massive upgrade!
Were you looking at any other vehicles before putting down a deposit?
Thanks. I absolutely love my Outback, but I'm purchasing a new teardrop trailer and need something with more towing capability. The only other vehicle I've been considering is the Kia Telluride, which gets consistently great reviews. I decided on the Rivian because I like to be forward-thinking and eco-friendly, and because in my opinion nothing looks remotely as cool as Rivians. However, after reading so many comments on these forums about the likelihood of not receiving the actual product until 2023 or later, I'm having second thoughts. Waiting a year is hard enough. Waiting two years is probably a no go. Ugh.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks. I absolutely love my Outback, but I'm purchasing a new teardrop trailer and need something with more towing capability. The only other vehicle I've been considering is the Kia Telluride, which gets consistently great reviews. I decided on the Rivian because I like to be forward-thinking and eco-friendly, and because in my opinion nothing looks remotely as cool as Rivians. However, after reading so many comments on these forums about the likelihood of not receiving the actual product until 2023 or later, I'm having second thoughts. Waiting a year is hard enough. Waiting two years is probably a no go. Ugh.
Have you placed an order for a R1S yet Corey?

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
A real test of the underbody will be when these vehicles are in the hands of owners. Its too easy for Rivian to make the R1T and R1S look pretty for potential photo ops. or to just replace parts as needed. And these are also preproduction models/prototypes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts