Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atlis Motor Vehicles shared some information on their electric pickup, the XT.

According to their Twitter account, the XT will have a 500 mile range, a 0-60 time of 5 seconds, 120 mph top speed, and a 15 minute charge time. Assuming this is true it will have more range than the R1T, it will be slower than the R1T, and will have a quicker charging time.

They also share some photos of their parts that they're making through 3D printing.

On paper it seems like a rival to the R1T but the question is, do you think the Atlis will actually hit the market? and if it does will it sell in the same volume as the R1T?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Atlis Motor Vehicles shared some information on their electric pickup, the XT.

According to their Twitter account, the XT will have a 500 mile range, a 0-60 time of 5 seconds, 120 mph top speed, and a 15 minute charge time. Assuming this is true it will have more range than the R1T, it will be slower than the R1T, and will have a quicker charging time.

They also share some photos of their parts that they're making through 3D printing.

On paper it seems like a rival to the R1T but the question is, do you think the Atlis will actually hit the market? and if it does will it sell in the same volume as the R1T?
I'm thinking the two are targeting different markets... Atlis looks to target the fleet market more... I actually could see the Atlis configured as a brush truck for a fire department, or a work truck for a tradesperson, while I don't really see that as a configuration Rivian would likely target... There's a wide variety of markets for pick up trucks here in the US...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm thinking the two are targeting different markets... Atlis looks to target the fleet market more... I actually could see the Atlis configured as a brush truck for a fire department, or a work truck for a tradesperson, while I don't really see that as a configuration Rivian would likely target... There's a wide variety of markets for pick up trucks here in the US...
It does seem like they are angling the XT as a more utilitarian option. Funny enough, Atlis released some new info on their website.

• Assembled in the USA
  • Starting Price: $45,000
  • 4-wheel drive with independent traction motors at each wheel
  • 4-wheel independent suspension
  • Single speed gearbox per axle
  • Advanced regenerative braking with dynamic load control
  • Massive front-trunk storage
  • 1 million life (estimated)
  • Spray-in bedliner
  • 300 mile, 400 mile or 500 mile
  • Trailer hitch towing capability (lbs): 6,000, 10,000, 14,000, 17,000
  • Fifth wheel and gooseneck towing capability (lbs GCWR): 20,000, 25,000, 30,000, 35,000
  • Payload capability (lbs): 1,000, 2,000, 3,500, 5,000
  • Ground clearance: 12 inches and 15 inches
  • Bed length: 6.5 foot or 8 foot
  • Optional air compressor
  • Power Outlets: 120 volt/20 amp or 240 bolt/40 amp

·
Registered
23 Posts
It does seem like they are angling the XT as a more utilitarian option. Funny enough, Atlis released some new info on their website.

• Assembled in the USA
  • Starting Price: $45,000
  • 4-wheel drive with independent traction motors at each wheel
  • 4-wheel independent suspension
  • Single speed gearbox per axle
  • Advanced regenerative braking with dynamic load control
  • Massive front-trunk storage
  • 1 million life (estimated)
  • Spray-in bedliner
  • 300 mile, 400 mile or 500 mile
  • Trailer hitch towing capability (lbs): 6,000, 10,000, 14,000, 17,000
  • Fifth wheel and gooseneck towing capability (lbs GCWR): 20,000, 25,000, 30,000, 35,000
  • Payload capability (lbs): 1,000, 2,000, 3,500, 5,000
  • Ground clearance: 12 inches and 15 inches
  • Bed length: 6.5 foot or 8 foot
  • Optional air compressor
  • Power Outlets: 120 volt/20 amp or 240 bolt/40 amp

I agree different markets for sure. it does have some impressive numbers just not sure if it will make it for the long haul. Pun intended. Ugly but useful like the CT, just a tad bit easier on the eyes.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree different markets for sure. it does have some impressive numbers just not sure if it will make it for the long haul. Pun intended. Ugly but useful like the CT, just a tad bit easier on the eyes.
Yeah it'll be interesting to see if they keep the funds going to make it to production. I know they went public back in September.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts